PDA

View Full Version : JET2 getting 757

BMI701EGCC
27th May 2005, 17:50
Very good evening,

I see that JET2 are getting the 757,some time in the next coming months, ive heard alot of rumors about this, to back this rumor up, i was looking on aviationjobsearch.com (pilot section) and found that JET2 are advertising for captains, trainee captains and F/O for the 757, the advert says:

B757 FIRST OFFICERS
CHANNEL EXPRESS / JET2.COM, LEEDS BRADFORD

B757 CHIEF TRAINING CAPTAIN

B757 CAPTAINS

"Flying our most recent addition to the fleet, you will operate the aircraft on our Jet2.com network"

so does this mean JET2 are going to be getting the fantastic 757?(Hope so)

Comments much appriciated,

Scott Waterworth
BMI701EGCC

Oshkosh George
27th May 2005, 18:52
Yes,they are already registered as G-LSAA/B,and are for service entry in October.

smudgethecat
29th May 2005, 20:21
i bet the jet 2 line engineers will be over the moon too, yet more antiquated heaps of junk to keep servicable

Oshkosh George
29th May 2005, 22:01
I just noticed that the C of A category for these aircraft is shown as EXPORTED. This would seem to indicate that they will be leased abroad(and re-registered),before returning for their October service entry with Jet2?

Anybody in the know?

perky35
2nd Jun 2005, 15:28
Well aparently they have come from the Desert so maybe they lost their C of A when they were stored? Do aircraft have to get a new C of A when returning to service????

Oshkosh George
7th Jun 2005, 11:29
Well aparently they have come from the Desert so maybe they lost their C of A when they were stored? Do aircraft have to get a new C of A when returning to service????

Never having been registered in the UK,they have never had a UK CofA!
Every aircraft on the UK register must have one(with the exception of PFA types(permit to fly)). These are ex N-reg,and TC- reg aircraft.

That is not the point I was making however. These have a UK Cof A in the category 'Exported' instead of the more usual one,and this seems to indicate that they have been UK registered to facilitate the onward transfer to another country,(although in these cases,a temporary transfer,it would seem).

I was asking if anybody knew where,and to whom,they would be going until they are presumably brought back to the UK for Jet2's use in October.

Mr @ Spotty M
7th Jun 2005, 17:33
Oshkosh George

Sham on you George, "they were never on the UK reg".
G-LSAA was ex G-BNSF on UK reg at various times from 1988 to 1991.
G-LSAB was ex G-OAHF and was on UK reg from 1991 to 1996 operating for Britannia.

giovane
7th Jun 2005, 17:42
I understand MyTravel are releasing 2 B757's at the end of this Summer season.

Does anybody know where these aircraft are going next ?

Oshkosh George
7th Jun 2005, 22:20
Sorry,Spotty,I did know that,but forgot! I researched this some time ago.

But when they came back to the UK,they STILL needed a new C of A!

screw fix diret
27th Jun 2005, 10:55
I believe the My Travel 757's have been purchased by a freighting company with the intention of freighter conversion. Although one of the previously released 757's is at this moment being broken for parts.