PDA

View Full Version : BACX Dash 8

speed freek
26th May 2005, 19:51
Hi,

Does anyone know whether or not the Dash 8s that BACX operate are partly EFIS or all "clocks and dials"? When are they due to leave the fleet?

Cheers.

MarkD
27th May 2005, 01:37
The -8s are apparently 311Bs, don't know what's on the FD though.

Keep an eye on this page:
http://www.jethros.i12.com/FLEETS/Listings/BRITISH_AIRWAYS_DASH8.htm

skiddyiom
27th May 2005, 07:06
BACX Dash 8's are EFIS with the usual "mechanical" stand-by's.

They are due for return starting with BRYU and YV in May next year. However, there is some doubt whether this will happen. The aircraft is apparently making us money and if they do let it go, then we will lose more routes as we don't have a replacement in the pipeline.

Skiddy

speed freek
27th May 2005, 08:21
So they're around to May at least? That's good to know. Start a type rating on them this July. Can't wait!! :ok: What about all these rumours about BACX getting ERJ-170s?

Cheers

skiddyiom
27th May 2005, 08:41
EMB170's? I would suggest they are rumour, but what do I know. For all we know we'll be getting more balloons!

And further to the cockpit question, they have combined EFIS and dials for the Nav equipment and dials etc for engine indication. I was thinking of something else earlier! :hmm: :confused:

skiddy

speed freek
28th May 2005, 08:57
Thanks for the info mate.

Cheers

speed freek
1st Jun 2005, 16:58
Sorry, just one more thing:

Where do the Dashs fly to?

Cheers.

Dash-7 lover
1st Jun 2005, 18:37
They're all at MAN and cover BHD/EDI/GLA/SNN/SOU/JER/ABZ/IOM and the odd trip to CDG and/or BRU when we're desperate!.

Hopefully they'll never leave the fleet - I agree with a comment made by the boss of Horizon in a recent Flight International article that the era of the regional jet is over - As they age, the manufacturers warantees expire and with the increase in fuel prices they've become unprofitable on routes of a certain length. That's one of the reasons why Horizon and presumably FLYBE went for the Q400......

Not that a Dash could do any of this and slightly off the subject, but it beats trying to squeeze the guts out of an RJ100 on a 3hr EDI-PMI or MAN-FAO run with 110!

Mind you..... what defines a regional jet??? You could call the RJ100 '' 4 leaks held together with an electrical fault!''

speed freek
1st Jun 2005, 19:36
Thanks mate. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one later this summer. Which fleet are you on?

Dash-7 lover
1st Jun 2005, 19:39
speed freek.....

aaah.... that would be telling! good luck and maybe see ya soon!!