PDA

View Full Version : your experience with the caa examination

Peter_CDG
25th May 2005, 17:53
hi,

i have a question about the caa examination. i heard, that the bristol ground school question database
( http://213.48.96.23/jaaonline/jalo/index.asp ) contains all original jaa questions.

if you learn this questions, you can pass the examination in germany and france with 100%.

is it the same in the uk or did they change the questions here ?

cheers, peter

CAT3C AUTOLAND
26th May 2005, 07:26
I have no idea whether the BGS database contains all the CAA questions, however, do you really think you will do yourself any justice by simply learning all the answers? What sort of professional pilot will that make you?

hixton
26th May 2005, 08:57
Dude if you can memorize that many questions you would be gambling in vegas earning millions.
Wake up and smell the coffee!

3legs
26th May 2005, 09:06
Bristol website does contain questions that have been seen in the JAA exams. However learning questions is not the best way forward as new questions keep appearing or questions you have remembered have been changed slightly. I myself have used the question database and found it useful in preparation for the exams. Be careful and use it wisely! If you put in the hard graft you will get the results you deserve.....Best of Luck its not an easy ride!:ok:

Piltdown Man
26th May 2005, 09:42
Learning all the answers to all the questions may be possible. It may even work. But it has to be simpler to learn the subjects, otherwise ground training schools would do just that! And for what it's worth, the vast majority do a damn good job at teaching the rubbish you need you know to pass the exams in the minimum time.

And for the record, the only bit that has been of any real use is Met and Air Law. The other exams, I'm sure, are there as an unofficial selection system.

Avitus
5th Jun 2005, 00:06
I did my first four exams on HPL, ALW, COM and MET a couple of days ago. To be honest almost everything except in MET was also in the bristol database.

However one must ask himself: what kind of airmanship is it to just learn the questions and answers?

tu154
5th Jun 2005, 08:27
Been done to death here, I don't believe it's possible to learn all the possible questions that might come up. You may get lucky, but in the later exams you'll see it's not quite as straighforward.

You have a point, assuming the system is perfect. But (again as posted many times) a large proportion of the questions are badly worded and poorly translated and they try to catch you out more than they are a fair test of knowledge, so I've no problem using feedback to get to grips with a poor system. Besides all the actual US questions are freely and officially available, so why not here.
Getting your ATPLs doesn't make you a pilot. It's just a hurdle. Treat it as such. The important stuff comes later.

EGAC_Ramper
5th Jun 2005, 08:43
Certainly wouldnt say learn them feedback.How about going for that first interview when they start grilling you over your knowledge,where will learning the questions help you then??
If thats your choice go for it cos then it'll make the application by myself an others a whole lot easier.:ok:

I know of ppl in school finals who have learnt the feedback and have not done particularly well......so take whatever you will from that.

Regards :D