PDA

View Full Version : Britsh Airways 777 for leisure

flyingbee
24th May 2005, 21:59
I'm not sure if I'm dreaming or not, but I think that BA once configured some 777s with narrow seats in economy to get an extra seat abreast (3-4-3 instead of the traditional 3-3-3), and that these aircraft were used on long haul leisure routes for example to the Carribean.

Please can somebody confirm if I have dreamt this or if there were narrower seats, and if so when the aircraft were configered in this way?

Thank you,
flyingbee

ETOPS
24th May 2005, 22:10
No it wasn't a dream. The 3 LGW based '77s used on what was known as the AML contract had a small club cabin and an all economy rear section as you describe. Total pax load was around 390 with 3 flight crew and 12/13 cabin crew. Thus making just over 400 TOB. Only flew one once and when I went aft to see what it was like I had one of my funny turns and fled to the safety of the flight deck. Just like Sassoon said when asked to describe the Great war - " Dear boy, the noise! The people!"

blackbox
25th May 2005, 09:31
As ETOPS said : AML no longer exists... But the a/c do remain.. (AML was a joint venture between BA and Flying Colours/JMC, whereby BA metal, BA flight crew & FCL/JMC cabin crew)

A/c G-VIIO/P/R..

Fortunately the a/c where re-configed last year from J42/Y295 (ouch!!).. New config is J40/W24/Y218... The only bonus is you get PTV....

Hope this helps..