PDA

View Full Version : type ratings 73 and 320

irishkiwi
22nd May 2005, 08:50
I was just curious if anyone back in nz or oz had gone down the road of self funding a type rating. 73, 320, atr, that sort of thing. Is it looked upon favourably or not so? I'd heard that freedom would take a look at you, maybe, with one. I'm still in Ireland and unfortunately it seems to be dictated by the markets that if you don't have TR, well you're not going to get a look in.

anyone any idea of cost and where to do one... I know there's people out there thinking I'm sad even considering this as an option but ... can't afford to sit around forever.

EngineOut
22nd May 2005, 20:08
irish,

VB and Jetstar, are self funded but no point doing it until you are 'employed'.

One that subject... anyone who has done either recently, could you please tell me what a 737NG rating for VB costs at the moment? And likewise, what an A320 rating for Jetstar costs??

Is it also true that jetstar pay for it upfront, and you pay it back in deductions from your pay? or is that rumour just rubbish?

Cheers

EO.

Sqwark2000
22nd May 2005, 20:24
Irish,

Haven't done it myself but know of 2 guys recently starting their 737NG ratings for PacBlue jobs. Costs were said to be $AUS30K each for the course at Alteon (?) in Brissy.

Don't know for sure but it's out in the open at the moment that if you do a type rating for JetConnect they will subsidise quite well to the tune that only $7-8K will leave your bank account.

S2K

DeltaT
3rd Jun 2005, 11:32
Irish kiwi PM me for details.
Be aware you will not be able to use the rating from down here back in UK until 500hrs on type

rchris
17th Aug 2005, 23:12
Suggest you grt job offer first, as there are still quite afew with rating and no job. :{

pakeha-boy
20th Aug 2005, 21:57
Gidday Irishkiwi.......capt on the A320 here in states....got my type from present airline....very expensive they tell me.....miami is the place to go approx $20,000 US with Bus time,without..not sure...type ratings would be helpful,but no matter who you fly for,you are still going to have to go through "their" programme,.....great to show shelias in the pub ,but thats about all... have talked to Airnz,flew in kiwi for many years,they are not even interested,so this kiwi is staying put...will try to send you the web site of the outfits in miami..kia kaha

SmoothCriminal
21st Aug 2005, 00:42
How about one of the FarEast show's. They'll definitely be interested in a type rated FO,,,, wouldn't they.

China, India (national only), Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia etc etc

I see ad's all the time for type rated crew (0 hrs) with those recruitement gig's

Smoothie....:ok:

Sheep Guts
22nd Aug 2005, 12:40
Where did you see those adds praytell Smoothie?

Sheep:) :O :p :ok: :E

pakeha-boy
23rd Aug 2005, 16:43
sheepguts...love the name mate.....try this kiwi website for job listings...rishworthaviation.co.nz...they are in Auckland..you can register with them,fill out some forms,CV,etc and be on the e-mailng list when stuff comes up,...they list daily and most of the jobs seem to be in asia,but if this Awa/Usair thing doesnt work out ,guess where I,m headed...we have a few kiwis here at AWA,all flying the Bus,all Typed with enough hours in this thing to apply elsewhere....the whole industry here is taking a beating,so it is best to keep your options open.........kia kaha