PDA

View Full Version : Writing DVDs

Helen49
22nd May 2005, 07:21
Cds not big enough for data backup, therefore decided to use DVD. PC has a DVD drive and Pinnacle software for writing. I followed same process as for CD writing but nothing happens other than a spot of 'whirring and clicking'

Any thoughts please?

H49

spannersatcx
22nd May 2005, 15:54
Need more details really, OS, make/model of drive/pc, what pinnacle s/w, what disks are you using -r +r or rw???

criticalmass
28th May 2005, 12:56
The best DVD burning software is Nero...came packaged with My Plextor 708A DVD-burner. Haven't had a failure yet, be it on CDs, video DVDs or data DVDs.

Get latest version of Nero, should solve all problems. The burning Wizard works very well and requires no technical knowledge whatsoever.

I'm well over 600 DVDs burnt with Nero and wouldn't bother using anything else. Mostly I am burning video DVDs produced using Sony Vegas 4 and authored using DVD Architect 1. The burning engine in DVD architect is a heap of cr@p compared to Nero...as many users have remarked in the Sony Digital Pictures forums.

Latest version of Nero...should cure all problems.

Avtrician
28th May 2005, 14:09
Helen, It may sound like a silly question, but is the DVD drive a player or a burner, if not a burner then you will need to get one, A cd burner cant write to a DVD.

Helen49
31st May 2005, 18:55
thanks for the help guys. H49