PDA

View Full Version : FTE Jerez Selection

zomerkoning
21st May 2005, 22:49
Hey Guys (and girls offcourse),

I've been doing a lot of research lately about which Flightschool I'd like to goto. In the end I decided that the best thing was to visit all 3 and see which one I thought was the best for me personally.

NOTE: What counts for me may not count for you, choosing a Flightschool is a very personal thing.

The weekend I visited Jerez. Smooth operation, good campus atmosphere and unlike other school, the management doesn't seem to have anything to hide. In between my selection tests I was allowed to talk freely and openly to students and instructors, without anyone from PR with me.

As for the B*llSh*t about how easy the selection is at FTE, do NOT believe it. I talked to one of the students there and he said there where quite a lot of people coming down these days and failing the PILAPT and interview. So the myth that a big bag of money is all that is required is a big joke. The only time it came up, was when one of the staff explained the setup of the course and during the interview, when I was asked if I had already had a look at the finances as it is a lot of money.

If I draw a comparison between the PILAPT and the COMPASS tests, the COMPASS is easier. Again this is my personal observation and may not apply to everyone. The trick is to stay focussed.

The interview style was very different the the guys at OAT. Here they asked more about my family, why I wanted to be a pilot, team situations etc. while the interviewer at OAT seemed to focus more on why I wanted to come to OAT and if I could name enough good and bad points about myself.

Having done interviews professionally, I have to say that the FTE way in my humble opinion is a better way to get a good view of someone and if they want and can become a good pilot.

Last but not least I will be heading down to Aeromadrid, but I think I might skip it and go for FTE. The campus atmosphere is in my opion good for motivating harder work (again my humble opinion).

Well I think that's about it, I am now going to get some ZzZzZ's as driving all the way back from Frankfurt sucks....

FlyUK
22nd May 2005, 11:32
Glad you enjoyed your stay. Tell me, its not the pool, the 32 degrees, the sunshine, the bbq and the cheap beer that swayed you was it? :p

See you in Jerez. :ok:

zomerkoning
22nd May 2005, 12:15
Although the pool, cheap beer (well it's the same price as here in NL) and the great weather where factors, I think it was the degree of openess from the management as to what goes on at the school..

Very refreshing from other schools where you only get to see what the PR people want you to see...

hughesyd
22nd May 2005, 12:39
if your heading out to aeromadrid, can i be cheeky and ask you for some feedback when you have been!!??. i am also looking to head out to aeromadrid in october in time for the groud school. have a good trip!!