PDA

View Full Version : Sahara India Aviation Academy

F16 falcom
20th May 2005, 17:58
hi!! does anyone know how is Sahara India Aviation Academy, New Delhi for pilot training? thanx a lot for ur time.

DesiPilot
21st May 2005, 14:24
Hi F-16,

They do not offer any initial flight training. However, they do offer recurrency training. If you are looking for flight training in India you better bet will be to go to one of the private flight schools. You can contact Ahmedabad Aviation Academy, Orient Flight Training (Pondicherry) or Pune Flight Club. Its been a while since I looked at flight schools in India but I am sure you can find the list of flight schools at DGCA's website at dgca.nic.in (http://dgca.nic.in)

Good luck with your training.

:) Jatin

F16 falcom
21st May 2005, 18:44
Hi jatin, thanx for ur reply.

sorry but i dont know the difference between initial and recurrency training. actually i m trying to find this info for a friend of mine. i think Sahara India Aviation Academy, New Delhi is a private aviation academy. is it correct?

wud be a better choice to go for an academy like sahara or something like Delhi Flying Club, New delhi.

the website for sahara academy is http://www.airsahara.net/airsahara/Aviation.jsp.

on this page they have the list of facilities they offer. as u r more experienced than me, after reading about the facilites could u suggest to me whether sahara is a good place for pilot training?

thanx a lot. take care.

DesiPilot
21st May 2005, 20:40
As I mentioned earlier Sahara do not offer any initial training or ab-initio training. Your friend will not be able to start from scratch with them. The Delhi Flying Club closed its doors long time ago. The Delhi Sufderjung airport is very close to the political centre of Delhi and the final approach to the only runway takes you straight over the Prime Ministers house. Due to security and other political reasons the Delhi Flying Club ceased its operations/flight training.

If your friend cannot go to USA/ South Africa/ Australia I suggest he gets in touch with private clubs in India. You can find more information about these clubs at http://dgca.nic.in/licencing/fly-ind.htm

I highly suggest training outside India as it can take years to finish training in India where as he can finish his commercial training in about 6-9 months in US/SA/OZ.

Best Wishes,
Jatin

I forgot to mention that your friend can train from start with IGRUA (Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Udan Academy).

After he graduates from there in three years with his CPL-IR and Bachelors degree he will be eligible for interview with Indian Airlines. The graduates of IGRUA have reserved vacancies with Indian Airlines.

F16 falcom
23rd May 2005, 12:05
hi again jatin!

i know about IGRUA but the problem is that their forms r filled in january. well now the only options remaining are:

Delhi Flying Club
Anurag Aviation Services (private)
Sahara Academy

i phoned up Anurag Aviation Services and asked them abt the institute. they said they do help the students get the jobs and stuff.

according to u, are there better facilities and job prospects by training at a private institute or the government institute?
thanx.

DesiPilot
23rd May 2005, 15:30
Honestly it doesnt matter where you train. The only preference that Indian Airlines has is IGRUA. Its who you know that will get your friend a job in India.

Delhi Flying club is not an option as they have ceased their options.

I cannot help you anymore than provide you with the list of flight schools in India. I am in the US right now and do not which school is better than the others in India.

I still recommend that your friend goes abroad for training. It will reduce the training time and he/she can spend that time converting licence and looking for jobs in India.

Jatin