PDA

View Full Version : Which is it to be???

thefunky1
20th May 2005, 15:28
I'll cut staright to the chase. who wins it: cabair, OAT or Jerez???

I'm planning to start and i'll go wherever takes me, but i'm wondering which is the best, if , indeed, there is one????

:hmm:

EGAC_Ramper
20th May 2005, 15:41
Best Advice,

Go to them and have a look for yourself,talk to current students and judge for yourself.What suits one may not necessarily suit others!:D

Good Luck and Best Ragards:ok:

PilotOnline
20th May 2005, 15:55
I have to agree with EGAC on this, all three have their merits and drawbacks but how they affect you will depend on your personal criteria. What are your criteria for selecting a school? Have you wittled all the other options down to these three or are you just starting your research? Have you visited them? That will help make the decision easier for you.
You are about to invest a lot of money in this, don't base your decision purely on someone elses opinion of which school is best.

Good Luck, it's a difficult choice!

AMiller
20th May 2005, 17:00
What about CTC wings??

hixton
20th May 2005, 19:56
I also wonder the difference between how these `zero to hero sausage factories` justify their prices.

Devils Itch
21st May 2005, 11:33
I can't speak for the other schools, but with regards to the ground school side of things I will say this about EPTA.

The course is cheaper than most places, but that does'nt mean that the teaching is inferior. The reason why they are cheaper is as a result of the goverment grant they managed to secure. As far as i am aware, all schools can apply for these grants, but some still choose not to.

The course content is done quite quickly in the aim that it is completed about two weeks ahead of the exams. Then there is a considereable amount of time spent on doing mock exams. In all honesty, this is where the vast majority of information is learnt if you hav'nt been doing revision from the start.

The instructors all have different characters so each class atmosphere is different. They are always willing to spend any extra time on a one to one basis if the student feels he/she requires it.

Overall I can't complain. They managed to get me through with a 90+ % average....and I am not the sharpest knife in the kitchen.

When it comes to the flying side, from what current students tell me, it seems that it is a bit on the slow side. However, the flight instruction is said to be of some quality.

I do know of some individuals who have had problems in the finance side of it i.e. their deposits not refunded etc.

But usually a deposit is just that. A non-refundabe option. So thats probably fair.

Peronally, if you prefer to do things in your own time and can put a good deal of effort in....i would would consider doing the ATPL' through distance learning. This will save you accommadation costs and also allow you to work also.