PDA

View Full Version : Air New Zealand Questions

JetRacer
20th May 2005, 10:28
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone is able to assist me.

I am looking at applying to AirNZ and require some information:

1. Can anyone convert 7th and 6th Form NZ education to Australian equivalent? Is 7th form equal to Year 12 and 6th form Year 11?

2. Do I answer the questions stating I have an Australian ATPL where they ask for NZ qualifications?

3. Is there a NZ website similar to the osiris site in Australia, which has the EBA/AWA terms of employment on it?

4. What is it like to work there - Rosters, Time away from home etc.

Thanks in Advance.

JetRacer

PS Any AirNz pilots please feel free to PM me.

nike
21st May 2005, 11:36
What are the pay rates for new joiners?

How much is salary vs non-taxable?

slice
21st May 2005, 15:35
JetRacer - do you mean convert Aus Year 11/12 to NZ 6th/7th Form?

I did it the other way - NZ 6th & 7th form to (West) Aus equivalent. All it is though is a document from the Curriculum Council www.curriculum.wa.edu.au stating that they have assesed your qualifications as being the comparable to Western Australia Year12.

If it is the other that you want to do it as I suspect then www.nzqa.govt.nz would be the website to start looking at.

As for the ATPL maybe if you want to show then you are serious then pony up NZ$110 (ATPL & IR) to get the NZ licences issued under the TTMRA. It's more if you want type ratings and instructor ratings converted as well.

Can't comment on website equivalent of Osiris and rosters / conditions but you either join as a long haul SO Freedom FO.

JetRacer
22nd May 2005, 08:20
Thanks for the info slice.

Yes I did mean to convert Aust Yr 11 and 12 to NZ equivalent.
If I may ask what form level do you have that equates to yr 11 and yr12?

Thanks again.

Jet Racer

slice
22nd May 2005, 15:44
Form 7 ~ Year 12

Form 6 ~ Year 11

BUT the system has changed so much in NZ now that I don't think that the qualifications that I got (University Entrance, University Bursary) even exist any more !! Plus I think they use Year 11,12 etc. the same as here now.

You will have to check with NZQA