PDA

View Full Version : Flight Following

TLAW
16th May 2005, 11:01
I've got a question about flight following.

Say I'm cruising along happily when I decide I don't like the look of the weather along my planned route. I decide to divert and fly a new route to my destination.

At the moment, I work a new flight plan, turn the aeroplane and call up flightwatch to advise of my new flightplan. If I'm receiving flight following, presumably I will need to let ATC know of my new flightplan, will I also need to advise flightwatch?

Hopefully, some helpful souls will also post useful info about flight following which wasn't exactly covered in the detail I'd like on the A5 card from CASA. Can I use it along the lane of entry? Victor One? Do I also need to ask for a clearance to fly through, say Richmond airspace? Do I need to cancel it before I land?

Presumably these are all dumb questions, but I'd rather sound dumb now than on Sydney Radar frequency and waste every buggers time. If someone can point me to an online resource that answers all these questions, that'd be nice too.

If you think these questions are REALLY dumb, please don't waste your time posting and complaining that I'm wasting your time. :ok:

Thanks in advance.