PDA

View Full Version : Squaddies Humour (hits MOD)

Roland Pulfrew
13th May 2005, 19:54
Does anybody have access to the Army version of the Tony Christie Way to Amarillo? Apparently it's called 'Squaddies Humour, Is This The Way To Armadillo?'. It is, apparently, an excellent p1ss take of the Peter Kaye video and filmed somewhere hot and sunny.

I understand that it had a BIG impact on the MOD and Strike servers today!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Impiger
13th May 2005, 21:11
Sorry no copy (someone will post a link I'm sure) but you're right about the impact. 52 Megs or so as an e-mail attachment started to circulate on DII and crashed the whole e-mail system. Mine was off for 5 hours before I gave up and went to the pub.

Watched the video on someone else's machine - very good: done with style, humour and plenty of skill. It must have taken some organising and detailed planning. An excellent example of the good humour of the British fighting man even when faced with harsh conditions and a degree of adversity - who would dare complain?

wg13_dummy
15th May 2005, 18:53
Gulf Amarillo (http://www.ghost-rider.filmstars.co.uk/) 53mb

BEagle
15th May 2005, 19:40
Brilliant! Many thanks.

Safely saved on a CD-RW for posterity!

MATZ
15th May 2005, 20:08
:D
That is the funniest thing I have seen in ages.

I laughed so hard that I thought my sides had split! Honest!

Top job.

Skeleton
15th May 2005, 23:01
Superbly done... only the Brits could come up with that!

Deserves a wider audience, pity the do-gooders would then get involved though.

Maple 01
15th May 2005, 23:16
I thought the Kosovo one was very good too, don't think the PC guys are going to like it though

Gainesy
16th May 2005, 08:44
Absolutely Brilliant!

Mouthful of tea hit screen as the gate guards in their shreddies joined in.

Well done the Royal Dragoon Guards.

(Heads off to download the Kosovo one).

MajorMadMax
16th May 2005, 10:03
If haven't seen the original Tony Christie - Way to Amarillo video, you can watch a portion of it here (http://exodus.interoutemediaservices.com/deliverMedia.asp?id=d805bafa-12dd-4ab5-956f-0fa96e29c823&delivery=stream).

Cheers! M2

airborne_artist
16th May 2005, 10:14
Causing quite a stir on Defence Net!:

WARPs, please disseminate this information to all units at all levels.

There is an email with an .wmv attachment currently circulating throughout the MOD which is causing e-mail servers to crash. The email, entitled “Squaddie Humour” contains a 52.742 megabyte .wmv file. It is a spoof of the Peter Kay video “Is this this the way to Armarillo” in a .wmv format. The file is entitled “Is this the way to Armadillo?”

Because of its size and the passage of this file between email accounts, e-mail servers are becoming overloaded and are crashing.

It is imperative that all recipients of this email delete the “Squaddie Humour” email upon receipt, ensure it is deleted from their “deleted items” folder, and do not send the document to others.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/9901637/jackson.gif

Art Field
16th May 2005, 10:24
Endorse all the praise, brilliant, a great danger to those without a discernable sense of humour.

The Swinging Monkey
16th May 2005, 12:23
Just brilliant Guys
The funniest thing I've seen in ages.
Can't help but think the fun police will have some input tho'

Well done and Kind regards
TSM

AllTrimDoubt
16th May 2005, 12:37
Well done guys. Long time since the words military and fun can be used together in the same sentence! (I hope the fun police take the hint and back off on this one)

joe2812
16th May 2005, 12:37
Superb! Funniest thing i've seen in ages! Good on the lot of you!

Well Done!

MajorMadMax
16th May 2005, 12:40
Question - Is the problem with the video itself, or the fact that folks are sending a 53MB email file? The vid seems innocent (and funny) enough, but I can understand if there is concern over such large files being sent via official email servers. wg13_dummy's link is a good solution...

Cheers! M2

hoofie
16th May 2005, 12:45
Question - Is the problem with the video itself, or the fact that folks are sending a 53MB email file?

I'd presume its the size - every time it hits someones inbox as an attachment, it takes up space. Send a copy out - it takes up space. Archive it - same thing again.

Once you have a handful of people with it, the space taken gets eaten up alarmingly. Eventually the email servers will run out of storage space. Also the time taken to send that kind of attachment also clogs up network connections etc.

SirToppamHat
16th May 2005, 14:49
I once put a GEMS suggestion in about this very subject. The problem was that someone knew someone at X Gp who seemed to get all the funnies that were going around. He sent them to his friend, who in turn sent them on. As described here, the Mail Server was continually filling up, taking people's time to clear and leading to loads of imploring for people to delete subject emails.

My suggestion was that a directory be created on the Stn that was there purely for funnies. Everyone would have access and be able to store things there. My own estimate was that this would save at least 95% of the space that was currently being used up by these emails.

Needless to say, it was not adopted; the powers that be preferring to take the view that people shouldn't being sending these funnies as it was against the SyOPs.

If anyone else wants to submit the same GEMS, I only require a 10% commission! I didn't even get a £25 encouragement award!

STH

rod1924
16th May 2005, 16:58
Brilliant, typical squaddie humour especially the AK47 duo:p

ImageGear
16th May 2005, 17:27
Most email service providers limit the size of individual users mail boxes. I believe the default parameter is 10Meg, although under certain conditions this can be raised.

Consequently, If the total of your messages and attachments exceeds 10 meg an error message should be generated to say that the recipients mail box size has been exceeded.

However, this is not always apparent in the "undeliverable" status messages returned to the sender from the server.

Imagegear.

Stan Bydike
16th May 2005, 17:30
I am sure the guy on the left in the ambulance scene was Wayne Rooney :D

L1011GE
16th May 2005, 18:32
Funny my daughters thought it was Rooney as well.

(look for the local standing next to the iso after the medics, he looks so confused as to whats happening)....

rej
16th May 2005, 19:25
What a fantastic production.

A copy is now burned onto cd to play in the office when life gets too serious (best we keep the server free for more mundane things........ like work!!).

Lets hope the boys get bitten by the success-bug and produce another masterpiece.

round&round
16th May 2005, 19:34
Really excellent. However, the very best spoof video I've seen was a truely superb send up by the Supply Sqn guys at Waddington. I laughed so much I cried.

Does anyone have a copy????

R&R

exleckie
16th May 2005, 20:00
Can somebody help??????????

For some reason, I can only download 30% of the vid. :( and then the download terminates. Why it's doing that I have no idea.

The bit i have got is brilliant but i really really want to see the other 70%.

Is there anyone who would be willing to mail me a copy on disc??????????????

Cheers guys.

Exleckie

joe2812
16th May 2005, 20:02
exleckie,

Check PMs

:ok:

(edit: i had same problem but 2nd download worked fine and though nothing of it!)

stick&rudder
16th May 2005, 20:05
I've had the same problem as exleckie (variously got 10 - 50% of it)- is it hosted anywhere else?
or am I just being stupid?
cheers!
s&r

exleckie
16th May 2005, 20:11
Cheers Joe 2812

Check your pms too :ok: :ok: :ok:

Cheers

Exleckie

airborne_artist
16th May 2005, 20:58
Here's an 18 Mb version I have created (sorry about the watermark in the top LH - cheapskate..)

Amarillo (http://www.flynavy.flyer.co.uk/amarillo_18mb.wmv)

joe2812
16th May 2005, 21:28
exleckie, check PMs again please :ok:

Gainesy
16th May 2005, 22:19
Just watched Sky News (I know, sad tosser, coat, etc). Currant Bun is running it tomorrow and Sky showed about 40sec clip. (Only "family bits" though).

These lads are going to be a Pongo legend! Pongo spokesman was excellent, but, could just hear him thinking " Who cares if Crab puters go TU?".

WAFUs & Crabs, Any Sods' Opera vids to compete?

Serious bit: Showed a bit of the crap conditions the lads are living in, after, just how many months? :mad:

Ed to Ad: Could overhear Anchorman and Anchorwoman pissing themselves laughing at it in the background. Knicks change for her methinks,

16 blades
17th May 2005, 01:51
Utterly fantastic - methinks a trend has been set now - standby for a whole series of 'copycat' det vids. (Let's face it - there's fook-all else to do during downtime in Basrah / Kabul etc). Bring it on!

16B

16 blades
17th May 2005, 04:22
As an aside, does anybody here have access to masses of server space? I'm thinking maybe of some kind of PPruNe repository for all the cool military / aviation vids that are around out there.

Any suggestions?

16B

Wannabe Flyboy
17th May 2005, 09:09
It's on the BBC now:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4554083.stm

Ed Winchester
17th May 2005, 10:46
The MoD said the spoof was "brilliant" and the crash did not cause problems.

A spokesman said: "The soldiers maintaining their morale on operations is always important.

"The fact that it proved so popular in the office and caused the system to crash is unfortunate, but this did not affect operations and the system is up and running again."

Nothing to do with fun detectors - I presume our highly efficient (!) intranet system cannot cope with even more spam. At least they admitted it was good!

exleckie
17th May 2005, 11:35
Well done guys.I keep watching it over and over and over, it's the best thing I have seen for years.

Thanks Joe2812 for fixing up the DL.

I heard a rumour that BFBS reports are going to put the full vid out on a forthcoming show. ( well, I was sat next to the main presenter and another while they discussed it):}

joe2812
17th May 2005, 11:47
If anyone continues having problems with the original download I have hosted the same file on my server here (http://www.members.aol.com/jsimon456/video.wmv).

It'll remain there until I need the space (which is highly unlikely!).

fernytickles
17th May 2005, 12:35
Dontcha just luve pprune? I saw the snippet while reading the Beeb news this morning, wanted to see more, did a google search. Nuthin' came up, so go to my other favourite search engine, and hey presto!. Thanks guys :ok:

Edited to say: I just watched, tears now running down my cheeks, brilliant :D

BEagle
17th May 2005, 13:21
Only problem was that The Sun tried to make something negative of it.....

Glad to see that there's someone in the MoD-box with a sense of humour though. Anyone you know, Impiger?

steamchicken
17th May 2005, 13:25
What someone ought to do is put this on a BitTorrent server.

I see the ARRSE cousins are down at the moment - wave of people downloading it from there?

M609
17th May 2005, 13:54
The Kosovo video have caused a storm in the norwegian media, and a complaint have been sendt from Serbian auth. to the norwegian foreign service.

I case you did not know, the idiots on the tape are norwegians from the Telemark battallion. (Or it's support element judging by the patch)

I'm sure the 412 det. at Bondsteel appreciate this, it's all over the local news down there apparently. Nothing like alienating the locals a bit. (The w@nkers that made the video, and their unit left Kosovo in 2003)

Tigs2
17th May 2005, 14:27
M609
sorry if i am being dull but what are you talking about??

For the rest of us on planet earth. Just seen sky running the movie over and over again, they had Tony Christie on who was crying (Laughter). Funny as hell, well done the lads.

16 Blades
I have as much server space as we need. What is your idea? Its no problem to create a site as a repository for funnies. Got 50 gigs space for funnies if you want, that should do for a while.
Tigs2

joe2812
17th May 2005, 14:44
I have put the file on isohunt.com for all those interested in torrents. Should update soon.

Do a search for things such as 'british troops peter kay' or something and it should appear.

pr00ne
17th May 2005, 15:33
Doesn’t old Lucky Pierre know how to clap?

Thought they were both BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M609,

Lighten up you old bore, I thought the Kosovo song was superb, was it not “serious” enough for you?
If that’s how the guys who were there feel what’s wrong with it?

BEagle
17th May 2005, 15:38
Well - bugger me with a fishfork, but just for once I find myself agreeing 100% with pr00ne!

M609
17th May 2005, 16:13
If that’s how the guys who were there feel what’s wrong with it?

....when the Serb goverment lauch a formal complaint, then someone stomped on their feet. They have, and norwegian MOD brass was on the news yesterday apologizing like crazy on behalf of the bunch on the tape. The last time something like this surfaced, the filmmakers was kicked out of the army.

If you feel the need to make stuff like this, then make sure that it does not reach the folks you make fun of.

Stuff like this is sensitive over her, since personell from the same battalion made a tape while shooting dogs for kicks in Kosovo. That made it to the web 2 years ago.

pr00ne
17th May 2005, 16:24
M609,

Apologising for what for gawd sake?

It was funny, it was witty, it was very clever and very well done.

Perhaps if there was more of a sense of humour like this in places like the Balkans and the Middle East they wouldn't be in the mess they are.

BEagle,

Point of order, I think you'll find that we did agree some time ago on the desirability of putting ALL studes through BFTS prior to streaming, like it used to be.............................................

BEagle
17th May 2005, 16:37
True on all counts!

"Milo - sevich, you sorry sonofab*tch...."

Genius.

Roland Pulfrew
17th May 2005, 16:37
Bugger me two. :ooh: That's TWO things I agree with prOOne on as well.:oh: Is there no hope? As for the video, thanks to all those who have posted links. I now also have a copy on CD courtesy of 'the Centre'. A superb job by the Army!:D :D :D

Kiting for Boys
17th May 2005, 16:53
I think that the British performance was top class. The Director should be fast-tracked to a new job to help sort out whichever crisis comes next.

It's now on the Radio 4 PM programme, with an interview from Staff Sergeant Parr himself.

An Teallach
17th May 2005, 17:00
Must remember to buttonhole Brig. Mel Jamieson if he pops into the Hebs for a pint.

SSgt Parr for the Edinburgh Tattoo!

Pontius Navigator
17th May 2005, 17:47
I spoke to an ex-DCSA hand about the video. Instant serious face on and 'it shouldn't happen. The servers should have a xx mb limit on emails. etc etc.'

I wouldn't go so far as instant SOH failure but close.

Now it's made the national news any fun-police action would make the Sun big time.

Agree about the first rate accommodation though. Mind you they didn't keep it very clean did they. In my day they would have brushed all that sand up.:D :D :D :D

Bit like Sean Connery in The Hill :}

BEagle
17th May 2005, 18:06
I see from an ITV trailer that the story (and S/Sgt Parr) will be on GMTV tomorrow.

Whatever GMTV is....

What is very interesting is the conflict between the "Great - good show of morale amongst the chaps!" attitude from one part of the MoD box and the "Not funny....cocked up our IT....delete it from your mailbox" attitudes of the fun-detectors.

A teeth versus tail, or rather, teeth versus arse conflict, perhaps? I can imagine Mike Jackson having a good laugh about it!

It's still b£oody epic!

Pontius Navigator
17th May 2005, 18:13
Beagle, it was great on BBC at 6 unfortunately the guards, the AK47s and the arab dresses were omitted at the beginning. They did include the portaloos and everyone at the end.

As far as the IT fun police, they should thank the guys for highlighting a weakness in the system when it was not important. I had a similar problem back in the '90s. The IT police said 'you shouldn't do that.' When they should have said 'we didn't know you could do that.' This was during the installation trials. Their solution was to prevent ME but not actually solve the weakness that I highlighted.

A not invented here syndrome?

Gazeem
17th May 2005, 20:53
Fantastic work from the lads,

you just can't beat the boys' sense of humour,

feel like hanging up my bars and getting back in green,

it'll pass,

btw,

what is this kosovo video,

has anyone got a link to this kosovo video,

The Real Slim Shady
17th May 2005, 20:58
I thought it was one of the funniest things I've seen in years.

Might even make number 1!!

Well done lads.

Bigtop
17th May 2005, 21:21
Can't get the link to work to download it....
Anyone got another I can try?:confused:

exleckie
17th May 2005, 21:37
Bigtop, go back a page and you will find a link there

BEagle
18th May 2005, 05:30
The GMTV interview airs at 0650 UK time, today 18 May 2005.

Pontius Navigator
18th May 2005, 05:35
Have a look here. Hope this one doesn't make the news, or did it. Fortunately Big-Boys kit recce is poor.

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/frenchtroops.html

airborne_artist
18th May 2005, 05:53
link two, 24Mb (http://www.qdg.flyer.co.uk/armadillo.wmv)

edited to add this page (http://fun.tjworld.org/armadillo/) which has a comprehensive range of file sizes and formats to suit all needs - kindly set up by TJ of arrse.co.uk

MajorMadMax
18th May 2005, 12:57
PN

The problem is, those guys aren't French, their Royal Marines! :}

Cheers! M2

Kiting for Boys
18th May 2005, 13:34
Don't think they are Royal Marines.

I read somewhere that they are Artillery or something and wanted to make a Warry video to take home.

PPRuNe Pop
18th May 2005, 13:54
And I understood that they are tankies. Royal Dragoons!

Tourist
18th May 2005, 14:04
They were Army upset about all the press the Rpyals were getting, so decided to show their amphibiosity capabilities.
Sucked back somewhat after.

Fg Off Max Stout
18th May 2005, 14:34
Kosovo vid seems to have been pulled from big-boys.com but there's a copy here (http://blog.arthurk.com/). It's quite professionally done, but it's also quite gay.

airborne_artist
18th May 2005, 15:19
arrse.co.uk has now been taken offline following the huge publicity for Armadillo on GMTV, R4, Sky, The Sun, etc.

How about an annual video competition for all service units, prizes for each service, and one overall champion - sponsored by brewer/Sony etc.?

Guess it'd take all the fun and spontaneity out of it though.

Edit 2050A 18 May

Sorry, gave the wrong impression above - arrse offline solely due to the immense no. of hits

Gainesy
18th May 2005, 15:22
Correct AA, once the EO, IIP, HR, PR lot got in on it you'd end up with something like the Splinter-In-Finger RAF recruitment Ad.:yuk:

joe2812
18th May 2005, 15:34
Just heard on Radio 1 news that the guys from the vid have been flown to London and are in talks with Comic Relief about releasing it for charity !

I'll buy it if it comes with the video on disc !

FJJP
18th May 2005, 15:42
Let's not get the wrong impression here. Arrse has not been taken off line for any sinister reason:

Apologies for the site being down most of the evening but we've been buried under hits as a result of the whole Amarillo thing. Hopefully normal service will be resumed soon!
Put simply, the server crashed under the weight of hits. They're looking at upgrading to more powerful servers soon.

Pontius Navigator
18th May 2005, 16:53
One suggestion was that the beach party was a stunt. I don't think that would hold true for one second. No aircrew would dunk their watch or nav gizmos in the goo. I cannot imagine any pongos, no matter how boat happy, dunking their life preservers in the goo either (SA80).

tablet_eraser
18th May 2005, 16:57
Haven't laughed so hard for ages! Wonder what The Doctor (Reid) thinks about it?

4fitter
18th May 2005, 20:18
I've already had a copy burned off as I too PMSL.

Suggest that as an appropriate response, fellow ppruners or ARRsE members having to surf here whilst their server is down, donate a suitable amount to our own Ben Funds.

At least that way, the monies raised will help our own. Mines in the post.

Tick VG RDG.

Pontius Navigator
19th May 2005, 08:18
Thinking about THAT video and musing on the absence of Ruperts (I guess) I suddenly remembered something I had seen.

One battalion, short of personnel, recruited a number of cannibals. The Colonel welcomed them to the battalion, told them they could use the Officers' Mes but they were not to eat any of the people there.

After a month the Colonel addressed the assembled group and said how well they had integrated and that there had been no problems. As an aside he sked if anyone had seen SSgt Chef.

After he had left the chief asked who had eaten the SSgt.

One immediately owned up.

You fool said the chief, for a month we have been dining off Majors and now you have to go and eat somebody important.:p

boswell bear
19th May 2005, 09:03
bout as unfunny as the original Peter Kay!

tablet_eraser
19th May 2005, 09:17
Think again, Pontius - the video was filmed by Captain Mungo Ker (I kid you not!).

The Doctor has had his say, too...

"Her Majesty's armed forces never cease to amaze me. To be able to carry out such acts of determination, sacrifice and heroism in so many spheres of the world and, at the same time, to be recording hit videos is a measure of the quality of the British Armed Forces."
My God... someone in New Labour actually using the words, "Her Majesty". Will wonders never cease?

Cambridge Crash
19th May 2005, 11:40
Well, I have just seen the Amarillo video - the Army cut. Brilliant. I am sitting in a rat infested kampong internet cafe on the Thai border and a group of Asel Orang gathered around who almost wet themselves - the Amarillo video proper has, for some reason, been quite a hit out here!

The Kosovo video was not quite so well received (probably due to the complexity of the bastardised lyrics), although some of the locals seemed to like the blonde boys a bit too much for comfort (agree with your comments - for once - 16 Blades!).

By the way M609 - anything that winds up the Serbs is good in my books. Was involved in an incident when a young NO capt was taken by MK authorities after a car accident. I still have nightmares featuring him being lead off by some of Boskovski's thugs in 1999...

SE Asian Crash

J.A.F.O.
19th May 2005, 14:06
Directions

1. Start at local Airport/Station as required.

2. Get to London Heathrow.

3. Catch flight from London Heathrow to Dallas Fort Worth Airport.

4. Hire car at Dallas Fort Worth Airport.

5. Start going toward the Airport Exit on International Parkway South - follow for 0.2 miles.

6. Bear left onto the highway toward Terminal East Parking - follow for 0.3 miles.

7. Bear left onto International Parkway North toward North Airport Exit - follow for 2.9 miles.

8. Take Highway 114 West exit toward Fort Worth - follow for 29.2 miles.

9. Continue on US 287 North - follow for 91.1 miles.

10. US 287 North becomes Interstate-44 East - follow for 0.7 miles.

11. Take left fork onto US-287 North toward Vernon - follow for 104.0 miles.

12. US 287 North becomes Avenue F (US-287) - follow for 2.8 miles.

13. Continue on US 287 North - follow for 104.9 miles.

14. Take left ramp onto Interstate 40 West toward Dumas - follow for 7.8 miles.

15. Take Exit 70 onto US 60 East toward Dumas - follow for 0.5miles.

16. Take the Buchanan Street exit toward Dumas/Pampa - follow for 1.7 miles.

17. Turn right onto Old Route 66 (Interstate 40) - follow for 0.1miles.

18. Arrive at the centre of Amarillo, Texas.

Now that's the way to Amarillo - SO YOU CAN STOP F*****G SINGING ABOUT IT

Iron City
19th May 2005, 14:17
Spent a week in Amarillo one night. Suspect it doesn't have much over southern Iraq, except the locals are more heavily armed, though they do speak English (of a sort).

BEagle
19th May 2005, 15:16
And I thought that Armoredildo was one of those places which was notable only for appearing on the airways chart and for nothing else.....

"Every night I've been hugging my pillow" - at least he wasn't biting it like the Camp Noggies in Kokomo/Kosovo probably were!

Tarnished
19th May 2005, 15:45
It actually made it on to main stream (!?!?!) US TV last night, played about 45 secs (including the portaloo shot) on FOX.

It was introduced as the light humour at the end of a current affairs program. The story was "those silly Brits (Monty Python, Benny Hill) and their humour!" and how it crashed the military computer system.

Tarnished

Gainesy
19th May 2005, 15:56
I see Arrse is back up then JAFO?:)

Pontius Navigator
19th May 2005, 17:56
Tablet_Eraser, sorry, so Mungo Ker is real. i thought it was part of the spoof.

J.A.F.O.
19th May 2005, 21:34
I see Arrse is back up then JAFO?
I honestly wouldn't know, Gainesy; I've never delved into it - so to speak.

tablet_eraser
19th May 2005, 23:00
I am assured by someone in the know (ie, a friend in the RA) that there is indeed an officer named Mungo Ker.

His Dad simply MUST be a colonel (at least!) to get away with a name like that... Colonels' sons such as Cosmo and Hew spring to mind!

Scud-U-Like
19th May 2005, 23:41
Yeah, the Kosovo boys are a bit too cute. SSgt Roger Parr is far better looking (than them or Peter Kay).

I wonder if Randi Mofoe is a Col's son.

Judge Rembrandt
20th May 2005, 11:44
Pontius/Tablet,
I know his brother - Juan!!
JR

SilsoeSid
20th May 2005, 13:02
tablet_eraser;Think again, Pontius - the video was filmed by Captain Mungo Ker (I kid you not!). Funny that, when I was watching Penny Smith interviewing the guys on GMTV the other morning, when Penny said she was surprised that the cameraman didn't trip over, Captain Ker told her that he was guiding the cameraman around to prevent that event happening. :confused:

JAFO, did you just cut/paste those directions from VP8s post on JetBlast (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1880501#post1880501) ?

SS

tablet_eraser
21st May 2005, 11:19
I stand corrected - I'm in an Internet Café at the moment without access to the video, but I think that filming is credited to "The Munganator".

SilsoeSid
21st May 2005, 11:39
tablet,

I've just watched the vid at http://eul0000562.eu.verio.net/boreme/funny-latest/latest.php which you will be able to see from the cafe.

At the end the credits are;

Lucky Pierre as Peter Kaye
Camera - Toe Head
Creative Design - Randi Mofoe
Directed by - The Munganator
by kind permission of Supreme Comd Allied Forces Al Faw

The Al Faw Crew Its Good To Be Home

SS

J.A.F.O.
21st May 2005, 14:21
SilsoeSid et al

Sorry if my directions were also posted elsewhere by others. I was sent the above via email and it made me chuckle so I shared it. As to who plagiarised whom, I could not begin to guess.

As for Mungo Ker, I believe that I served with his brother; Nosmo.

16 blades
22nd May 2005, 04:37
I think I know his other brother, Joe............

"......Taxi for blades?..........."

16B

er82
23rd May 2005, 10:01
Anyone else think there's quite a few good looking chaps in the video?!?!?!
Whee are they now? That's the most important question!!

engineer(retard)
23rd May 2005, 10:16
Afraid they do nothing for me. More of a suspenders and stockings type, than sweaty grundies ;)

er82
23rd May 2005, 11:05
yeah, i'm probably on my own on this one!!!

speedbirdzerozeroone
23rd May 2005, 11:18
er82

Anyone else think there's quite a few good looking chaps in the video?!?!?!
Whee are they now? That's the most important question!!

….were you ever in the FAA?

er82
23rd May 2005, 11:44
Nope.
Just saw the video for the first time yesterday, and being of the young female variety, I just thought there were some yummy guys in the vid!!

exleckie
23rd May 2005, 20:10
Nice to see a lady on here.

I throw down my cape over a puddle.

Chivalry is not dead.

Exleckie

No doubt I will be slated for saying that.

er82
23rd May 2005, 20:51
Do you not get many of the fairer sex on here then?!?! It'd be a pleasure to come on here and entertain you boys more often!!

Safeware
23rd May 2005, 20:55
er82,

I'm sure you are amply qualified (meant in a PC kind of way) to 'entertain' the troops here, given what I have read on JB :)

sw

exleckie
23rd May 2005, 21:18
SW,

Surely we should not discriminate whether the people who contribute are M or F ?

Tis the input which counts.

Cheers er82.

Join the club and enjoy the banter (slatings, derision etc)

Exleckie

Safeware
23rd May 2005, 21:23
:confused:
Wasn't trying to discriminate

engineer(retard)
23rd May 2005, 21:38
Just had a hairdresser (female) round to do my wifes hair. She wanted to see the vid because her brother is serving out there at the moment.

Strangley her reaction was the same as er82. Must revise my shreddie collection.

SW

Remember " Tis the input which counts.", and I thought size didn't matter.

Regards

Retard

Safeware
23rd May 2005, 21:49
eng, Remember " Tis the input which counts.", and I thought size didn't matter.
That's the sympathy line your wife's been feeding you all these years????

:)

sw

engineer(retard)
23rd May 2005, 22:00
I know exactly where sympathy is in the dictionary :{