PDA

View Full Version : CASIO Watches- Where to chuck them away?

Matt Skrossa
12th May 2005, 14:07
I've got a drawer full of knackered Casio watches with all sorts of gadgets and fancy knobs on, any idea where would be a good place to bin them? Answers which include 'where the sun don't shine' will be ignored!

6Z3
12th May 2005, 14:09
Are any of them pink by any chance?

Tigs2
12th May 2005, 14:31
Matt Skrossa

Am happy to swop them for a pink Ferrari 360, just waiting for 6Z3 to find me a spray shop. Those casios could be worth somthing you know! Thought of going to bargain hunter? HueyMeister knows some could places for watch servicings if you want to get them fixed, Could also get them depth tested to 1000 meters (handy for your average PADI diver)

callsign Metman
12th May 2005, 15:55
put them on ebay!!

'Genuine Casio watches as worn by the military.'

some saddo will put £20 for them.

CM

EESDL
12th May 2005, 16:19
'Pulsar' aircrew watch, one offanyone?
They must be cr4p if they don't want them back on demob!!!!!!

Onan the Clumsy
12th May 2005, 16:27
Hey don't knock Casio. Mmine cost twenty seven bucks and did everything I wanted it too - including tell the time :ok:

Notice the past tense though? :(

Onan the Human Timex - I take a licking and keep on ticking :ugh:

FJJP
13th May 2005, 08:33
Agree with Onan - I'm on my second UKP17 Casio [identical to the first] and it does what I want. Tells the time [gains one second per month], has 2 time zones [one stays on Zulu, the other local] and is good down to 50 ft in the water [about as useful to me as a chocolate fireguard] but hey! No-one said it was perfect!

Besides, the battery only costs a couple of quid in the local market and it doesn't need servicing [not worth it].

Glad I don't own a Breitling...

Anyway, where DO you bin them? I suppose I could fly out to Goa and give it to one of the locals - I hear they recycle everything out there, even disposable [unrefillable] lighters!

Hueymeister
13th May 2005, 11:42
I'll add a G Shock to your collection if you want.

Tigs2
13th May 2005, 17:30
HM
you'll need your G-shock when you send your Brietling for a service.

BEagle
13th May 2005, 19:04
Only if you don't have a standby Breitling.......

XFTroop
14th May 2005, 18:25
Heard somewhere that G-Shocks are quite popular with the "Hereford Hoolies". Anyone know why??

XFT