PDA

View Full Version : Rolex - where to get them serviced!

EESDL
12th May 2005, 08:48
Have a HUGE solid diamond-geezer Rolex, dripping with exras and need to know where I can get the thing serviced. Have not got the time to look at the bumf that came with it. Heavens knows how much it cost, several 'Shire homes at the last count.
Wife thinks I'm brill 'cos I splashed the cash on some bling and, in addition to barging around in her Porsche 'no taste' Cheyenne, she gives me a tickle every now and then.
Rather than going to a dealership, thought I'd save some pennies by using a backstreet bloke with a hammer!
Any thoughts?

Hueymeister, flash git, if I liked jewellery - I'd be as jealous as hell:-)
Soon, even Grob Display Pilots will be wearing them...................Doh!!
And before you ask, yes, my leaving gift was a Seiko.................very nice mind you, countless students have gone further into debt for my benefit. They'll get a chance to get their monies worth in beer.
Hope all is well, PM me and let me know what you're up to.

Safety_Helmut
12th May 2005, 11:43
EESDL

On a bad morning, that has made me chuckle :D

I think I must have a similar Rolex to yours. I have had it for about fourteen years now, bought it north side of Nicosia for about ten special pounds (Cyp).

I don't think it has ticked, or even tocked, for about the last 13 years now. Two things have put me off getting it sorted: a new battery would cost more than the watch is worth and any self respecting jeweller would probably laugh at me (but would that be for owning a fake or owning a Rolex).

Cheers EESDL

Safety_Helmut;)

teeteringhead
12th May 2005, 11:56
Best fake I ever saw was quite a good 'un - sweep second hand, crown on the winder etc etc....

.... but on the face, instead of "Rolex" it had "Bollux" in exactly the right font - made me laugh anyway;)

ClearReverse
12th May 2005, 12:40
EESDL,

you must have been ripped off, when I bought my genuine Rolex in the souq, I was issued a guarantee that promised it would'n't rust that day and the battery would last until at least I got back to block 101 and drank half a bottle of charlie.

ps Did you know today is the 40th anniversary of the Red Breiling Wearers

wub
12th May 2005, 14:10
When I was haggling for my 'Rolex' in the night market in Chiang Mai, I asked the guy if it was waterproof and he replied "Eight feet".

I asked if he meant it would survive in eight feet of water and he said, "No, don't go nearer to water than eight feet when you are wearing it"

airborne_artist
12th May 2005, 14:18
Best watch I ever had was a dodgy Rolex Datejust bought in Phuket. Had it for about three years until our flat was burgled - not much else was taken - but I'd have loved to see the face of the burglar as he tried to shift it, only to be told by the fence that it was a $10 fake.

It kept time to within 1 second per month!

CarltonBrowne the FO
12th May 2005, 17:43
A colleague inherited his uncle's watch repairing tools and spares- which included a number of genuine, working, Rolex mechanisms (no faces or bracelets). I've since thought it would be a hoot to buy a fake one, throw out the workings and fit a proper Rolex mechanism... ;)

BEagle
12th May 2005, 18:04
True stories.......

A few years ago, some chap went into a Rolex dealer, complaining that his bling watch had stopped working a few weeks after he'd bought it. But he was even more pi$$ed off to be told it was a fake. "It can't be - I bought it on a ba flight", he stated. So then he took it up with ba - who discovered that a couple of their limp-wristed shemale trolley tarts had been buying imitation Rolexes, swapping them with genuine ones and then selling the real ones elsewhere. Their scam worked quite nicely until the chap had actually asked to buy one on their flight! It seems that ba sorted it all out and asked him to keep quiet about the event....

Another con artist went into a High St Rolex retailer and bought an expensive watch. Then swapped it with a fake and took the 'watch' back, screaming blue murder about fraudulent and shoddy goods. Offered a replacement, he yelled that he wouldn't trust them any further and wanted his money back..... Which they gave him. Result - one free Rolex. Until, that is, he was caught trying the same scam elsewhere a few weeks later.