PDA

View Full Version : Bose Headset Prices

bellsux
12th May 2005, 03:30
Anyone know who is selling the Bose headsets at the cheapest price in Australia at the moment, lot of dealers and a big variation in asking prices????

CaptainToBe
14th May 2005, 03:49
From what I have heard, anybody that supplies the Bose headsets in AU has to sign a contract with Bose that they wont sell below a specified price. Now, im not sure what the suppliers (such as concept aviation etc etc) buy it for, but $1495 seems to be the lowest youre going to be able to buy one. I think the best deal you'll be able to get is $1495 shipped.

Having said that, I do know of someone who bought 6 for his helicopter and was given a good deal, so its obvious that there is room to play with, however; Bose want their product to be top shelf and they want it to stay there, so if youre looking to buy individual units, i think youre out of luck.

Agent86
14th May 2005, 06:49
There may be a few second hand sets coming up from pilots of a certain operator moving from 4 engines to 2. Things are a LOT quieter in the new jet and there aint no "hot mike" option to hear/talk to your offsider when you have both hands full.

Capt Claret
15th May 2005, 01:00
Not this little-black-duck. Mine'll be put away for a rainy day! :}