PDA

View Full Version : TSA Fingerprints for US School

Soliciting Stu
11th May 2005, 17:04
Hi one & all!

Due to fly out to the US in July. Have received confirmation from TSA for my request to commence training, but I have not yet paid the $130 fee.
What I would like to know is where do you get your fingerprints taken (going to EFT btw)?? Is this seperate to the fingerprints they take at the US embassy when you go for your interview, or in addition when you get to the States? Thank you.

Frank Furillo
11th May 2005, 17:30
Hi there Stu
I am currently out at EFT, and this is what happened to me and as far as i can tell happens to us all.
You get your fingerprinted at the embassy, but only your index ones (I think). When you arrive here, you are fingerprinted by the immigration people (as per your interview) and sent to a room while they get confirmation or somthing like that. They will come and give you your passport bcak and off you go. Charlotte will organise you fingerprinting at the local Police Station it cost me $10 and it's done in ten mins or so. This is a seperate thing as the smbassy and innigration ones are electronic scan, at the police station its the good old fingerpring card.
Hope this helps
FF

Farrell
11th May 2005, 18:32
Stu

You need to get your ass in gear with regards to the TSA!

It took them ages to send me the final email to say that i had been approved for training.

You cannot get your fingerprints done until you pay the 130 dollars and you cannot fly until your prints are sent in and APPROVED. if you go and get your fingerprints done before you have received your TSA clearance, you will not be cleared!

You must pay that money asap and then the TSA will contact EFT to state that you have paid and are authorised to be printed for final inspection.

EFT will not allow you to fly until you are cleared. Charlotte plays by the rules and there are no exceptions.

Good luck with your training!

(Simon.......hope you're enjoying yourself.....did you pass your CPL checkride yet? - Wayne)

Engine Noise
13th May 2005, 15:34
Farell,
How long did it take before you got the final clearance after taking your fingerprints? I have a prelimanary approval based on the payment i have made.Am about to go for the fingerprints.

cosworth211
14th May 2005, 12:39
Hi,

I'm confused, I am currently at this stage with the TSA, and also will be flying with EFT. I have paid my $130 fee.

Do I get my fingerprints done now in the UK and send them to the TSA, or wait until I arrive in America??

If I wait until I arrive in America surely my right to fly will be seriously delayed? I am flying out 5 days prior to my stated start date, which I don't think will be adequate time to get the prints into the TSA.

However I dont want to pay the $149 dollars that is charged at hampshire airport now if I can do it for $10 in the states!

Please can someone clarify??

Biz
24th May 2005, 16:19
I'd like this to go back to the top please. I too, have preliminary approval based upon the info I have submitted and the payment of the fee. In a similar vein to what Cosworth has asked, approximately how far in advance of ones start date should we fly-out in order not to be delayed too long from flying? Many thanks!

SR20flyDoc
25th May 2005, 20:56
5 days could be done, but I have only 7 days for doing my ME (payed my 130 bucks), so I go to Farnborough this friday to get printed well in advance.

Will be a nice 1.8 hour trip :ok:

S.

SAMIR786
26th May 2005, 21:50
Guys....chill!!!!

Its not as bad as it sounds!

As long as you have been cleared to submit finger-prints, you're all set...

All you do then is pay a visit to the local cop station in the US and get finger printed.

Once you've done that, you are legally cleared to fly on the very same day!

I too went to EFT about 4 weeks ago. I was taken by my instructor (cheers Garic!) to get finger-printed on my first day and flew an hour later!

Enjoy!

:ok: