PDA

View Full Version : Schools at Bankstown?

ready2go
11th May 2005, 09:32
Hey guys,

I am new to this forum here, currently I am looking for a flying school around Bankstown. Any recommandations? Which one is good n which one is bad?
thx all!

Aussie
11th May 2005, 13:39
Ive been with Crane air for a few yrs, and have no complaints.

Good luck

Aussie

buck_shot1
11th May 2005, 13:42
i highly recomened basair but each to there own

avi8r
12th May 2005, 22:26
Hey ready2go,

I did my training at Sydney Flight Training Centre. No complaints at all. I thought that their ground theory classes were fantastic too. An extremely high first time pass rate and a good atmosphere.

Have a look at their site - http://www.sydneyflighttraining.com.au/
or call them on 9791-0100.

Good luck with your training where ever you end up doing it.

GearOff
14th May 2005, 04:21
Another vote for Sydney Flight Training Centre here. Very professionally run place and a lot of good experience amongst the instructors. You won't find better.

Super Cecil
14th May 2005, 06:26
Georges Hall Primary :8

K3nnyboy
14th May 2005, 07:22
Thx guys!! I think I will go and check out each one of them. Yea I heard about Basair, SYD flight trainning.....but will continue looking thx again guys!! Good luck with all the flying !!

btw, Super Cecil Georges Hall Primary sounds good too haha....!

alidad
15th May 2005, 11:30
Go see Rodney at Crane air- he won,t necessarily teach you the finer points of flying but will teach you to SURVIVE in a rotten industry

Thanks Rod..

ready2go
15th May 2005, 12:53
Thank you very much for all the info people.....I think it i will spend more time visiting all the school and see how their environment like........just another question though, regarding to aircrafts, even tho I might find out later, but does anyone know which school/s maintain their aircraft in good manner?

Thx:cool:

Wheeler
15th May 2005, 22:29
Drive a bit further down the M5 - Have a look at Camden, you might find it is well worth the little extra drive(!)

Xcel
17th May 2005, 02:09
After having a legal battle with Basair, i dont think i would recommend them, i completed my training with schofields and couldn't be happier.

very social and professional, find a school which can offer what you need. in the end they all give you the licence, some costing more than others. also consider which will have a better reputation for your prospective employer once you've finished.

schofields flying club is my recommendation, been around for 50 years, must be doing something right.

ready2go
18th May 2005, 09:04
Hey guys,

thx for all the info once again, I am gonna book myself in for a little TIF flight with Basair, went to drive around the school today it seems like the nice place, it has student from different countries n stuff. See how things go and might arrange something else with another school.

Excel: Did you study at Basair or soemthing? Could you tell me more about it? PM me if u think it is better for you to do so, cos everyone can read your messages here ;) . What was the battle about?

cheers guys!

PS: btw, there was an emergency at BK today, geez...1st time visiting and already something like this happened! (great huh :ouch: ) hope it wasn't any aircraft from my future school!!

Woomera
18th May 2005, 09:08
"Could you tell me more about it? PM me if u think it is better for you to do so...."

Yes, I definately think that is a better idea........

Woomera

ConwayB
18th May 2005, 09:44
I trained at Chieftains back when dinosaurs ruled the earth. They are associated with Illawarra. I don't know if they're both still there.

In my experience however, whilst Chieftain was OK, Whitworth Aviation (next door) were very good. I did my ME endorsement there and was very happy with their relaxed but professional attitude. Bill Whitworth is one of the grand, ol' men of the industry and is well respected.

Good luck.
CB

Condensation
18th May 2005, 10:18
Is GFS (General Flying Services) at YSBK any good? I heard they train Qantas cadets.

Thanks.

Xcel
23rd May 2005, 01:07
gfs in melbourne trains some qantas cadets, not bk which has the most part of junior instructors from the same course. dont care to ellaborate on the legal standings with basair at all, but i dont care much for their ethics and customer relations to say the least.

i am not one to spread gossip aorund on this forum but i just wanted to point out some hassles i experienced personally and the treatment that may or may not be recieved from subsequent training throughout bankstown.

if you are doing a tif with them good on ya mate hope you enjoy your flying, just be a little careful is all.

oh and for the previous post, chieftain actually joined with illawarra quite some time ago, lost thier aoc and is now in with afts in the chieftain building, plenty of milling going on but always a pleasure with rod andrews...

kicka330
23rd May 2005, 10:57
gfs in melbourne trains some qantas cadets, not bk which has the most part of junior instructors from the same course.

Doesnt bankstown do them anymore? they did last year.
They probably all ended up at PAD or MB.

Dont know what type of instructors are currently based in BSK but often guys & gals are heading to GFS sydney to instruct which are at a g1 level.