PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Application

BlekDuck
11th May 2005, 05:50
Can someone tell me what "Your application is where it should be" mean?

I completed stage 3, early April and was told to call back in 3-4 weeks. I called last week and they told me the above? :uhoh:

Anyway, if someone couls shed some light on this :ok:

Laikim Liklik Susu
11th May 2005, 09:35
I guess it means it is with the appropriate department / person.

Don't try to read things into statements!!!!!! Be patient grasshopper...

jayteeto
11th May 2005, 15:46
It could mean that it has been filed..... Under 'Bin'

Ibol
12th May 2005, 12:52
Means they haven't lost it yet. hahahaha

During my ap i had to submit my IREX results twice and copy of passport 3 times 'cause they lost 'em.

Maybe the passport photo was too ugly to keep!!??

Best of luck.

and as Like little tits said "Be patient grasshopper.." Good advise!

C.A.
12th May 2005, 23:22
Blekduck,

Spoke to them last week and they said the same thing basically to me. Mine was for a twelve month assesment and they said its on the desk waiting to be looked at by Kim. I sent it on the 29th Jan and its still there.

No stress, jus hang tight. This is how things happen. Maybe give them a nice phone call every month or so to check where its up to but stay cool.

Remember they can make notes on your file when you speak to them, and the more you annoy them, the less time they have to look at your file.

Stick by those two things and youll be happy and hopefully successful.

C.A.

nasmablue
13th May 2005, 10:32
Finished stage 3 this week, just wondering if anyone else is about that did their sim and interview at around the same time? Would be nice to hear if someone else has been accepted/rejected(not so nice i guess if it were that) so I have an idea of what's happening with recruitment.
I did hear a couple of days ago that Q has slapped a freeze on recruitment- can anyone shed some light on this at all? All i heard was that the freeze was due oil prices..
Ta:O

Trigger Happy
14th May 2005, 05:08
From who and where did you hear about the freeze?
Maybe the May board meeting has something to do with the current pace of recruitment... Who knows???

nasmablue
14th May 2005, 06:29
Could be.. spoke with a J* pilot who was told by an (apparently) reliable source.

RYAN TCAD
14th May 2005, 14:59
Yeh could be cause they're getting the A380's ? - and because they take twice as many people, they now only need half the pilots!

Watch out, you'll be expected to pay for your endorsement shortly. On an A380 you WILL need that loan!

Bo!

Ibol
15th May 2005, 14:13
Qf has f/o's being rostered as S/o's 'cause they're short of S/o's.

Don't think they'll be putting the brakes on recruitment just yet.