PDA

View Full Version : Jepps Electronic ASD04

blueloo
11th May 2005, 00:01
A while back there was some discussion on Australian Electronic Jepps ASD04 Coverage.

I (and some others) had subscribed tot he service only to find it lacking in several areas, namely the ASD04 Coverage! (It did have the approach charts for Australia, but no text or airport directory relevant to Australia. [it did have what i would call a World Wide TEXT of Asia Pacific]

The guy who deals with Jepp subsriptions in Australia, said at the time to both myself and a few others (late '04) that this would be rectified soon. So far, I still have not seen my text coverage changed.

Has anyone else found out any further info on this problem?

Furthermore the .pdf navigation is painful. I hope they fix this too.

Capt Claret
11th May 2005, 00:31
blueloo

The Australian AIP was added at about revision 24 of 2004 BUT you had to update via the CD not electronically to make it work.

I had to uninstall, reboot and reinstall using the CD to get mine to work. Very helpful Jepp person from the States.

I agree the pdf navigation of the AIP sucks and despite the rest of JeppView being user friendly will probably puch me back to the old fashioned paper amendment service when my renewal is due later this year.