PDA

View Full Version : Air Crash Investigations Ch7 Wed 7.30pm

blueloo
10th May 2005, 23:56
Just another friendly reminder for those interested:

Tonight Channel 7 (Wed 11th May) Now at 7.30pm (or whatever time they feel like plus or minus 15 minutes)

Air Crash Investigations - A Wounded Bird (60 mins , Rated: PG)
Genre: Documentary

On board, shortly after take-off on route from Atlanta to Mississippi, loud thump alerts 26 passengers on board who discover one of the four propeller blades was not just a stub and the mangled mass of the engine was glued to the left wing. The plan was now flying on one wing! The flight crew tries to keep the plane airborne, but is forced to make a crash landing. Everyone survives the crash, but fire breaks out upon landing, forcing the passengers to run through searing flames and causing fatal burns. Federal aviation agencies investigating the crash discover it could have been avoided ... if a fatal flaw had not inadvertently been covered up.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
This may be another SECONDS FROM DISASTER renaming effort, where they rename a different (read - c-rap, American "hard hitting", annoying, waste of 45minutes, I feel dumber for watching it) series as Air Crash Investigations.

Discussion of this topic is in Aircrew Notices.

OhForSure
11th May 2005, 00:46
My TV guide has nothing regarding a 730 show, but does mention a 1030 "seconds from disaster"... but with Channel 7, who knows. It'll air when they want it to.

blueloo
11th May 2005, 02:05
The Ninmsn shows Air Crash at 7.30pm Channel 7 and Seconds From disaster (some train wreck) at 1030pm. Mind you thats the Sydney schedule so it may change, or maybe channel 9 really knows what channel 7 is going to show :P

SkySista
11th May 2005, 06:37
Tonight Channel 7 (Wed 11th May) Now at 7.30pm (or whatever time they feel like plus or minus 15 minutes)

Blueloo, LOL!!! Too true!!!

I believe the change happened after the tv guide was published. Here (WA) they are advertising it tonight @ 1930 as "Air Crash", "Seconds" is on at 2230 (when Air Crash *used* to be on)

I sincerely hope they are not just putting it on earlier because of what happened up in FNQ.... though I wouldn't put it past Channel 7.....

Considering they said the Tenerife one was going to be the last... you do the math.....:rolleyes:

blueloo
11th May 2005, 10:39
it was back to the proper series, although the analysis at the end was a little brief.

next week its concorde - there appeared to be some wire frame models, so it may be a Seconds From Disaster series.....

Buster Hyman
11th May 2005, 13:48
Totally different kind of show tonight. Much better than the wireframe & repetitive tape recorder rubbish.

Excellant CGI of the Embraer.

Wing Root
11th May 2005, 14:14
It would seem they are trying to run the series longer by padding it out with the D grade "Seconds from disaster" every second show.
As Buster said, the Brasilia episode of Air Crash Investigation is very well done. It has been on Pay TV’s National Geographic Channel previously.
I can also confirm that there is no Concorde episode of Air Crash Investigation so it's back to Seconds from Disaster next week.

SkySista
12th May 2005, 00:26
Certainly seems like it'll be "Seconds" (in more ways than one :}) Next week!!

Though I do recall seeing a program on Foxtel (Discovery Channel?) about the Concorde which was quite good (no wire frame models) called "Crash Files" ... or something like it? I think 'Seconds From Disaster" was a tabloid rip-off of the Discovery/NGeo programs...

Buster, agree, the CGI was very well done. Made it the serious issue it was. I think 'dumbing it down' can sometimes have the effect of making these things "less real".

If you listen carefully, I thin kalso the commentators between the two shows are different (thus you can play "Spot the Inferior Product" :p) The guy narrating last night (if I recall correctly) has narrated a lot of stuff like this for Discovery, NGeo etc, so should be a pretty good way of telling whether it's a warmed-up "Seconds" episode or not...

Buster Hyman
12th May 2005, 03:18
[deep & meaningful mode] On a side note, I would have enjoyed it immensley if they delved further into the mindset that some of the passengers would've experienced. The chap that got out, scared of the potential explosion, that reluctantly went to the aid of the FO. What a fascinating insight that would have been to explore how he overcame a primal fear of death to help a stranger...twice! Then he totally changed his life & got back with his ex. Sometimes the technicality of the story is too heavily weighted against the human story in shows like this. [/deep & meaningful mode]:ok:

the oracle of life
12th May 2005, 03:47
there's good book out -called nine minutes and twenty seconds-
regarding asa flt 529-- for those who want go into more detail in terms of passenger out comes ,crew and cause etc etc
cheers

SkySista
12th May 2005, 05:04
Oracle, I recall reading that a few years back.

I hadn't known what the epsiode last night was going to be about, except a Brasilia.

Then once they had named Robyn **** as the flight attendant, I remembered her name from the book. Seems like they were quite lucky to get away with as many living through that as they did.

I recall her saying something about being trapped under the galley section before being able to make her way out of the plane.... ?