PDA

View Full Version : Riverside+Airways

pipergirl
9th May 2005, 13:39
If anyone who has been through Riverside+subsequently Airways for a FAA ME/IR conversion and JAA CPL course, can u send me a PM and let me know ur opinions/experiences/insights...

Thank you...*bows graciously with Jazz hands*:p

Boeing737
9th May 2005, 13:44
scary eire?the only thing thats scary are the damn hailstone showers at the moment, in summer!!!! :)

FlyingBeachball
10th May 2005, 18:34
If this helps, I've just signed up with Riverside. I've spent months investigating the different options and found that financially Riverside is alot cheaper due to the US rates of flying. I've spoken to associates who are commercial pilots and they all said by doing the course in the USA the timescale is halved because the weather.

The other reason why I chose Riverside was the fact that they are a UK based organisation that does the flight experience in a place that is easlier on the purse.

I've also checked the threads on here by searching for riverside and there are good feedback.

The guy who runs Riverside is extremely nice and I've spoken to him for advice in the past whilst I was contemplating doing the CPL a few years ago and did not realise it was the same guy until I meet him at the Professional Pilot Show at Heathrow this year.

If this helps and you would like more information or my views PM me and I'll try and give you as much help as I can.

Nice flaps
10th May 2005, 22:02
Assuming you mean Airways at Exeter, I suggest you also consider Flightpass www.flightpass.co.uk
When I trained with them early last year there were two people undertaking conversions there, one from FAA licences and one military guy. The head of training there, who did my CPL, used to instruct in the States so he knows the FAA system very well.
One of the main pluses for me was the very individual attention, which I think would be particularly useful for conversion training, although I have no actual experience of conversions myself. All the best,

NF

Lee Frost
11th May 2005, 09:58
Nice Flaps,

I think Riverside is aligned with the set-up at Airways in respect of same aircraft / checklists.

One of the courses sold by Riverside includes an FAA IR then the UK JAR IR conversion + CPL provided by Airways....so I take it this is what pipergirl is researching.

LF

pipergirl
11th May 2005, 15:51
thanks for the suggestion NiceFlaps(:E ), Lee Frost is right-I just want specific feedback on Airways...
anybody with any info, please let me know :D

Nice flaps
11th May 2005, 17:26
Stick the end of wrong!
Adios

Finchy
11th May 2005, 22:35
Good choice, you will really enjoy your time training there. All the team are a fantastic bunch and just so down to earth.

The only thing I heard is that the US has very few NDB approaches, they have mainly VOR procedures, so that will probably be something totally new to you when at Airways. But they will teach you well and you'll have plenty of practice.

Pauline, well you'll find out - but she's a fantastic lady. Tends to keep the mood very upbeat - a great laugh!!

Also, very good first time pass rates from what they told me when I was there.

You will always be very welcomed if you called them for a chat or even popped in. Brian will tell you all you need to know!

Good Luck!!

lookoutbelow
12th May 2005, 07:29
Pipergirl,

Do a search on Airways. I trained there last year, all I can say is first class.... I am sure if you do a search the posts over the last couple of years will back up my above comment.

Good luck!

LOB

ScotsRocket
12th May 2005, 12:06
pipergirl,

Check your pm's. Hope this helps you

All the best, ScotsRocket