PDA

View Full Version : Clever Waypoint Names

Time Bomb Ted
8th May 2005, 22:48
Well done AsA. I just noticed the BN Sinnk one arrival... Ha what a beauty. LEAKY, BOATS, SINNK. Very clever fella's. I also like the one from the west too. DRAIN, PLUGG, SINKK.

Do you have any more of those?

What about THESE BOOTS MADFR WLKIN?

or PUTDE CDOWN IDIOT (put the seat down idiot) Mrs TBT came up with that one for some unknown reason???

or even... JONNY HOWRD SUKKS

anyone esle got some to put forward?

TBT

*Lancer*
8th May 2005, 23:15
Perth NAUTI one arrival, DONGA transition :}

QSK?
8th May 2005, 23:57
I don't know whether they are still there, but there used to be 3 reporting points located north of the Indian Ocean island of Diego Garcia. These reporting points were named:

WHATA
BUMMR
MOMMA

Obviously, the person who named these reporting points appears to have been less than pleased with his posting to the island.

DirectAnywhere
8th May 2005, 23:59
Low level out of Mackay westbound, ITORT EYTAW APUTT EGATT (spelling?)

Out of Perth westbound, LARRY CURLY MOEWE and STUGE.

Sporting stars to the east of Syd eg. PLUGA and CAWLY

GAFER - the closest point to the geographical centre of Australia - think about it! Seems to have disappeared unfortunately.

There was a rumour going around that a lot of the guys names used as waypoints in the Brissy FIR -can't think of any off the top of my head - were a list of one of the femal ATCers ex-boyfriends. Only a rumour though!

Capt Claret
9th May 2005, 00:37
DirectAnywhere,

GAFER, 055 Alice, 176nm. :E

Dehavillanddriver
9th May 2005, 00:42
There was two consecutive waypoints on the east coast called BERNI and SMITH - the ex CEO of AsA's name

I saw a Jepp plate for an instrument approach in the US that had the waypoints

ITAWT
ITAWA
PUDDI
TAATT
and the missed approach was named IDEED.

There are a couple of waypoints in WA, ALFIE named after Alf Allen - and STEWY named after Stewy Boyce.

There is also a waypoint named CLUGO named funnily enough after CLUGO - I can't remember his real name....

En-Rooter
9th May 2005, 01:23
How about 'SLOPS' on one of the stars into ML. That ones raised a few eyebrows (amongst pilots' and ATCs').

Think I read somewhere that you can pay $100 for a name and ASA will donate it to charity?

Rooter.

Pint o' Pale
9th May 2005, 01:39
Over the "dutch" there's a series of waypoints that, if flown from Australia to NZ read:

WALTZ
INGMA
TILDA

Give it to the hobbits!!!!! :ok:

The Riddler
9th May 2005, 02:18
Brisbane Star to ILS 19

LEAKY
BOATS
SINNK

;)

Ron & Edna Johns
9th May 2005, 02:35
Also over the "dutch": WOOLY and JUMPA.

And there used to be some additional sporting blokes out on the Tasman (haven't got the right chart in front of me to check - are they still there?): GILLY and TUBBY

Have always liked FILET of FLAKE over the Bight.

ALICE SADEL SARAH running south of Alice, and SARAP-IGLET east of SY on the way to Tahiti, have always made me look at the chart again.....

Also SE of Alice: I've always tended to pronounce IDANU a little like "I don't know" when position reporting.... (ok, yes, a little childish, forgive me).

And GAFER - oh, for the old spelling back, namely GAFFA. Did someone take offence at the original spelling and GAFER is more acceptable?! :hmm:

Like This - Do That
9th May 2005, 02:36
A waypoint above 'Peanuts' author Charles Schultz's house was called SNUPY.

QF.man
9th May 2005, 04:16
It may well be possible that the ATCO's in the MEL terminal area are naming their IFR points after their respective notch's on their belts...

LIZZY (No longer)
PAULA
SUZIE
NAREL
JENIF, NEFER (Jennifer)
TEENA
WENDY

DirtyPierre
9th May 2005, 04:31
Guys,

Yes the waypoints are often named after controllers or other staff in AsA. There is a waypoint named after me in the Topend called "egore". That's my ex-RAAF handle.

Other waypoints you may come across named after ATCs are

Boydi
Roony (Giaan Roony's dad)
Greav
Smith
Scott
Berti
Alexa
Donya
Trota
Studa
Kateb
Ester
Credy
Pemac

And many others.

Other waypoints are just good fun, such as;

Triki (triki woo was a dog in "All creatures great and small" owned by Mrs. Pumfry)
Gafer
Tojam
Piggy (inside R641 EVD Range)

If I was too mention his name he'd kill me (he's 6'5" and about 135kg) but he loves rugby, dogs, and has a great sense of humour. He's responsible for all those waypoints already mentioned in previous posts.

DP

king oath
9th May 2005, 04:46
The smart azz who named "slops" at Melbourne may well have a blokey sense of humor, but in these politically correct times buddy, you may get your Azz sued off.

DeltaSix
9th May 2005, 05:34
What on earth does "SLOPS" mean to you ?

spare me from my misery. :} .and tell me.

d6

Capt Claret
9th May 2005, 06:15
And then there's Digla named after Dirk. 340 AS, 154 nm.

Capt Fathom
9th May 2005, 06:34
DirectAnywhere..
Close..but not close enough for this tough audience :uhoh:
ITORT EYSAW APUSS ECATT :ok:

Between Townsville & Mt. Gordon

Blastoid
9th May 2005, 06:48
I'd like to know who came up with GERBL to the W of BN....

Mr McGoo
9th May 2005, 07:22
An old SID (or was it a STAR?) out of Narita had the following waypoints:

Charlie
Uncle
Niece
Tango.

En-Rooter
9th May 2005, 07:42
You fellas have got dirty minds

SLOPS = HY SLOP (an ATC's surname)

:D

Rooter

Wizofoz
9th May 2005, 07:47
Here's one for all you closet nerds... Who can name the waypoints in NT which are the names of obscure Star Trek characters?

itchybum
9th May 2005, 08:43
In WA there are some waypoints on the east-west routes, all oriented approximately the same longitude but sparated by latitude which when read from top to bottom say something about a rugby trophy:

WHO'LL
WINNA
?????
TROFY

or something like that.

Also, Tindal used to (maybe still has) have all the HOUNDs ringed around it.

In the 80s, it was GAFFA in the red centre. A nod to the great amounts of not "much out" there.

enicalyth
9th May 2005, 08:44
direct anywhere

isn't there both EVONN and CAWLY?

off podea there is THRED and NEDUL, also DIFFA so I hope the pommies stuck in BEGTO but I dunno. I'd expect the irish to own up to POCKK MAHOE but mebbe they are too polite.

All the fish of course E Coast of Canada and USA

The approach to FHAW used to include MINDY and COLTS after some North American football freak (now shifted slightly renamed STAWR and MATHY)

Then there are stupid ones like having LIMAL (formerly PLATY but no PUSSY) and LIMEL on the same route.

Keg
9th May 2005, 09:03
For the AFL and Swans fans, PLUGA and KELLI (KELLY?!?) are on the Tasman tracks out of Sydney, Kouta appears on the way into ML.

I know around BN they have the dogs these days. Corgi, seter, kelpi, etc.

The air route used by the RAAF for air to air refuelling practise about a decade ago had mobil, filup, and shell.

:} :} :}

CaptainMidnight
9th May 2005, 09:34
Apparently Melbourne Centre management noticed SLOPS and decided it appeared unprofessional (probably right), and a waypoint name change may be in the wind.

You can indeed nominate a waypoint name - see here (http://www.airservices.gov.au/publications/namegate.asp) . The money is donated to an aviation charity (I think the initial lot was given to either to the RFDS or Angel Flight).

So get the thinking caps on - and keep it clean :D

DirectAnywhere
9th May 2005, 09:57
Yep, EVONN and CAWLY but I forgot about EVONN and was too lazy to look up a chart.

Merlins Magic
9th May 2005, 09:57
North west of Cairns in the 'No Alcohol zone' of FNQ, there are waypoints BURBN and COKE. I think there may also be a RUMB up there somewhere too.
:ok:

AirNoServicesAustralia
9th May 2005, 10:43
Across the Aussie Bight as someone said there is FILET and FLAKE and then over Port Lincoln there was a non-compulsory reporting point called TUNAA. But where is SPODMAN when you need him. There was a run of position names one that meant the curve between arse and thigh that was on the TAPAX route.

Also the WENDY point is not anyones EX-girlfriend. She is many of the ATCers Ex-Instructor at the college but is no longer in that job. ahem.

And Capt. Claret, you\'ll find there is a controller working on the procedural sectors near DIGLA, who has that as his nick name cos his first name is also Dirk. Don\'t know if that is where the similarity ends, you\'ll have to ask his wife (also a controller) :E

Tagneah
9th May 2005, 11:32
When doing the Visual approach onto 34 at ML there is a point overhead Essendon named SHEED.

Then there are the two points near Adelaide used to seperate traffic from KI with the extended CL of 23. ROBBO and TIBBS. I believe they are name of some of the controllers (past or present - not sure) in the ADL TCU.

Great thread too!

Tag

Capt Basil Brush
9th May 2005, 11:44
The story goes that Jenna was re-named Slops after a breakup/divorce.

If so, great revenge.

Roger Standby
9th May 2005, 12:26
Unfortunately some of the ML TMA guys who are Essendon supporters have had an influence with SHEED and LLOYD and I think there's another.

Indeed SLOPS is apparantly named after one of ASA's staff, HR not ATC. The abbreviation is based on real name. Amusing none the less.

The one that has always amused me is the Wendy star into Melbourne, apparently named after a retired controller for being the worst route in Melbourne!!!

R S.

tipsy
9th May 2005, 12:40
I reckon 'tipsy' would be a good waypoint name:E :E

tipsy

AirNoServicesAustralia
9th May 2005, 13:49
Well saying that she was a retired controller is to put it nicely, and I would shudder to think that someone could actually own up to knowing that she is the worst route in Melbourne.

nungry
9th May 2005, 14:00
The runway 33 SID out of CS - CANNU HAKIT.

bekolblockage
9th May 2005, 14:03
I have fond memories of LOVEY ! :E (ex YMML)

Hempy
9th May 2005, 21:33
Be on the look-out for some new ones around YPAD come next airac. :}

of the rest, the worst is NONAX :confused: ,
the best is on the 282R CS, BURBN and COKES

TIMMI

cjam
9th May 2005, 23:03
Can anyone think of any amusing ones in NZ....I think maybe they don't have the same sense of humour as the ausi's who name the ones there.....I love CUNU HAKIT that's great.

Updraft
10th May 2005, 00:13
Used to be waypoint NW of BN near Kingaroy named "JELKE".

podski
10th May 2005, 01:56
The Wendy STAR, the worst route in Melbourne, was named after a controller that was 'the worst root in Melbourne'. She thought it was flattery to have a STAR named after her.

LooseConnection
10th May 2005, 03:02
There was a waypoint in The Channel south of the Old Country called CATHY.
A Brit Controller asked us if we were routing CATHY on one particular flight to which my compatriot replied "I thought I was!"
His wife was named CATHY :ok:

AirNoServicesAustralia
10th May 2005, 03:52
Come on Podski, tell us who was it that advised you she was the worst root in Melbourne. Or is it from first hand experience?????

En-Rooter
10th May 2005, 05:08
Podski you poor bastard, you've backed yourself into a corner here!

She may have been 'the worst root in Melbourne' but I heard she definitely had 'the hottest fingers'

Capt Claret
10th May 2005, 05:43
AirNoServicesAustralia

though I've never seen Boogie Nights, honest, shortly after the birth of Digla I asked Melb or BNE centre if it was named after Dirk of boogie nights. The ATCO laughed and said yes.

buckshot1777
10th May 2005, 08:29
An urban legend or two need to be blown away.

From the person who created the waypoints in the first place (not me I might add):
WENDY was named after a friend of his outside AsA, not an ex-ATC
NEFER = Nefertiti not Jennifer
and as someone said, SLOPS is an AsA employee's nickname among her circle of female friends Goes to show, what you think a waypoint name means, ain't necessarily so ;)

bekolblockage
10th May 2005, 11:09
buckshot1777

Thanks for letting the facts get in the way of a good story.
;)

AirNoServicesAustralia
10th May 2005, 11:14
I was told by the woman concerned, that is Podski's personal recomendation as the worst root in Melbourne, that she was in the office the morning they had to name the waypoint and she confirmed it was named after her.

I have also had it confirmed from a few people in the know in Melbourne that is was named after her. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Hempy
10th May 2005, 11:40
Yes, and ANSA would know because he had a "special" relationship with said Wendy :} (whatever)

Cpt Claret, Digla is named after an ATCO who happens to be named Dirk, and of course he got the nickname Diggler as soon as Boogie Nights came out. I'm not so sure he has the same "attributes" as the original though ;)

buckshot1777
11th May 2005, 08:24
The woman in question may have thought it was named after her, but I can assure you it wasn't. And having been in the system for longer than I care to think, I'm in a direct position to know mate ;)

It, along with the "worst route" bit started off and became the stuff of urban legends, and has been promulgated (like that AIS-speak word?) ever since. I feel guilty for blowing it away now :hmm:

Now, ask someone to tell you the story about the Ron King Memorial Window ........

EPIRB
11th May 2005, 10:28
I remember when an Ansett flight was offered track shortening on the way into Melbourne and the controller asked, "Charlie Zulu Delta, would you like to come inside Paula?" The response. "Depends what she looks like!". The controller cracked up when he realised what he said.

bekolblockage
11th May 2005, 10:56
Now, ask someone to tell you the story about the Ron King Memorial Window ........

That would be the same Ron King that once tried to flow the radar tolerance markers, wouldn't it?

Hey, we have people here who still remember the Wild-West show on arrivals in the old, old Melbourne AACC. ZZZZZZZZZZ

Ex FSO GRIFFO
11th May 2005, 11:57
I well remember the first time "TAPAX" appeared in the list ( L513 down over 'The Bight') - the VERY first time I tried using it in response mode with a VERY NASAL 'twang' - on a "Doggo" - I was told "STBY" by the male Capt. - then a VERY nice sounding young lady (who must have been delivering coffee at the time) came on with the 'Say Again Place Name?' routine which lasted about two minutes, to everyone's amusement....no 'political correctness' asked for...none given.
Dems WERE de days...!!~

Of course, LARRY CURLY and MOEWEalways gave "Springbok" a lift as they were transferred to VHF..or HF.. as the case may be.

Now, all I see is STUGE and SHEMP. WHO THE HELL IS SHEMP??
(INO Routes ex PH)
Of course, there were many others.....GAFFA - the original - ex KAL to AS...and many others deleted now.....

Time to open the 'red'....:ok:

Dizzy Armand
11th May 2005, 14:22
A few miles off the West coast:

WONSA
JOLLY
SWAGY
CAMBS
BYLLA
BONGS
UNDER
ACOOL
EBARR
TREES

G'day.

DA

disco_air
11th May 2005, 16:47
Well next time you blokes do a STAR into DN, look out for...

STUIE

Cos thats MY waypoint! :p

I even have the airservices letter to prove it!

Hehehe

...disco

Jungmeister
12th May 2005, 00:59
[QUOTE]Now, all I see is STUGE and SHEMP. WHO THE HELL IS SHEMP??[QUOTE]

Shemp Howard stooge No 4?

greybeard
12th May 2005, 02:42
South China sea in the old days

NIPLE
NIKET
SEXIE

lovely (sounding) Viatnamese lady "call me SEXIE" oh the fun of it all

:ok: :ok:

buckshot1777
12th May 2005, 08:34
Yes, the one and only Ron King.

Guess you've stumbled across this (http://www.airwaysmuseum.com/Quote%20book%20ML%2077-81.htm)

My favourite:2 Feb 1978
STAC [Senior Terminal Area Controller] to APP(R) [Approach Radar]:
"Do you want a hole cut in that newspaper so you can see the radar?!"

bekolblockage
12th May 2005, 08:40
"Do you want a hole cut in that newspaper so you can see the radar?!"

Commonly referred to as "SUN glare" in ML tower .:cool:

Don Mask
13th May 2005, 02:29
I still get a giggle out of seeing BOLOX on the NZ ERC's.

anakid
13th May 2005, 08:15
Then there was an Eagle pilot who was approaching Auckland from the east for RWY 23, was asked to route Miranda Whitford (both NDB’s) for the approach into AA. His very quick response was “but I don’t know her”.

Chief galah
13th May 2005, 23:43
buckshot1777 and bekolblockage

Boy, do you blokes bring back some memories!!

CG

The Bullwinkle
17th May 2005, 09:08
I just assumed that if SHEED was named after Kevin Sheedy, then SLOPS must have been named after Wayne Carey :D

Contract Con
30th May 2005, 05:13
Updraft,

JELKE was pretty well over the late Sir Joh's place, it was some years ago changed to HAWKE.

Be nice to see them change it back to JELKE in memory of the old Sir Joh, he was certainly a finer gentleman than Hawke could ever hope to be.

Cheers,

Con

yowie
30th May 2005, 09:43
What sicko came up with GERBL?:}

Arm out the window
30th May 2005, 10:15
Not sick on its own, but if you teamed up GERBL with GAFFA, and maybe GEERE, you would really be getting beyond the pale.

NOtimTAMs
30th May 2005, 11:16
What I like is the NOTAM on the route from Amberley to Emerald which actually tells you to insert the GERBL!!

INSERT WAYPOINT GERBL IN EXISTING ROUTE W270 AS FOLLOWS
ATS ROUTE W270
AMBERLEY NDB-EMERALD NDB

The guys in the office must have p!55ed themselves laughing as they posted it........

The Voice
30th May 2005, 12:00
Talking of waypoints, I hear that there is very soon to be one named "Bilet" in honour of the Late Mal Billett, a former FSO of note in W.A., somewhere near Meeka. A great honour for him, and one that would see him bursting with pride.

Binoculars
30th May 2005, 15:10
In my neck of the woods MURPH was named after a well known Queensland ATC identity. Umm, there's also ALISN, the world famous ex union man who joined the enemy with some success.

My limited ego leads me to wonder if on my retirement in a couple of years the powers that be will be so pleased to see the end of me and my paleolithic ways that a waypoint named BINOS may feature; (somewhere over the Antarctic perhaps?) That may make up for the 20, 25 and 30 year pins that went missing along the line. Cheaper than a gold watch too!

:}

(err, that's pronounced "bye nose" thanks guys!)

En-Rooter
31st May 2005, 01:45
Bye Nose,

I got a photocopied certifcate for 15 years a while back............I was so proud..................Thought about framing it, but did my part for the re-cycling movement and shredded it.

Thinking about it, I would have much preferred a position name ROOTR in my 15 year honour.

Cheers,

:hmm:

Binoculars
31st May 2005, 10:27
ROOTR? Sounds good to me. I seem to remember something that was presented to me as a diploma of whatever... WTF? That was assigned to the round file.

From my experience those who have passed the "tertiary" course or whatever they call it now are dumbstruck by the necessity to follow the book. Unfortunately nobody has told them that there are situations no book can cover. T'ain't their fault. They're not told they are allowed to use common sense.

*sigh* ....

" you can all make visual aproach, I've got you all in sight......" (Birdsville Tower)... those were the days......

Likewise at BDV;

"STC I have you now at 1500' on left downwind.."
"No, I'm five miles west at 3500"... "And a very wise place to be....."

(and one of my own if I may be self indulgent....

ABC (previously cleared touch and go with 737 up her ass, puts it down on the piano keys and says "we'll make it a full stop". "No you won't", says I, "clear for immediate takeoff".

The boss was quite taken with that, said he'd never seen it before. Such are the things we are remembered by.....

DirtyPierre
31st May 2005, 12:57
BINOS and ROOTR,

Hey I'll pass them on to my mate. He's always looking for new names to use, especially when they are controller handles.

Look out for a new waypoint to appear soon at 130nm N MSO on the BN - SY route. Will be called either MASHA (after a Byron controller about to retire), JUMPA ( cause that's the point in space we need to have you above the crossing traffic), or even RUSTY (after another retiring Byron controller).

DP

En-Rooter
31st May 2005, 13:03
Fellas,

SLOPS is about to disappear to be re-named after an absolute legend of ATC (recently retired) MAITE. Anybody who knows him will understand.

Big Dog 2
31st May 2005, 15:09
Have not flown in the UK for a while but they did have two wayponts named Athure and Daley after the caracter in minder

Hempy
1st Jun 2005, 08:04
From my experience those who have passed the "tertiary" course or whatever they call it now are dumbstruck by the necessity to follow the book. Unfortunately nobody has told them that there are situations no book can cover. T'ain't their fault. They're not told they are allowed to use common sense.

*sigh* ....

BINOS, don't be too hard on them.
a. the "tertiary" course is a Diploma of Aviation Science (Air Traffic Services)... it makes bad toilet paper, too rough :eek:
b. using common sense, on most occasions, only results in the controller being stood down pending investigation as to why the "book" wasn't followed. There is no room for individuality in "worlds best practice" (read: its our way or the highway)

bekolblockage
1st Jun 2005, 12:10
SLOPS is about to disappear to be re-named after an absolute legend of ATC (recently retired) MAITE. Anybody who knows him will understand.

And if MAITE is already taken, he'd probably settle for PUBES. Once again, anybody who knows him will understand. Good one Mate.

Hempy
2nd Jun 2005, 03:45
"G'day Mate"
"G'day mate"

:)

Capt Fathom
4th Jun 2005, 11:48
My limited ego leads me to wonder if on my retirement in a couple of years the powers that be will be so pleased to see the end of me and my paleolithic ways that a waypoint named BINOS
Binos..I suspect the answer to that is F NOSE ! :E

Macrohard
7th Jun 2005, 12:46
Ever notice the naming of taxiways around the West side of RW16L at SYD? When going South for T/O on RW34R they read in the following order ...

Sierra
Lima
Uniform 1
Tango

Hard to forget! :D

Transition Layer
7th Jun 2005, 23:06
Just noticed in the latest Jepp amendment some new STARs into Sydney.

The "Audly One Arrival" in particular, has the following waypoints...

AUDLY - Audley in the Royal National Park
NASHO - aka National Park

then

SOSIJ and SIZZL are the next two waypoints onto the LLZ for 34L. :D :D

But surely there's room south of Sydney somewhere for "SHIRE". :D

TL

Capt Claret
7th Jun 2005, 23:43
And what about REDDO, S13 04.5 E131 04.0, 40DME Darwin, 163 radial.

Could this waypoint be named for the PPRuNe Handmaiden?

Sheep Guts
8th Jun 2005, 01:19
70 miles from Kingston JAMAICA theres BOSOM on the 271 radial. Not joking punters.:O :}

En-Rooter
8th Jun 2005, 04:58
Heard on frequency:

'G'Day Mate'

'G'Day Mate'

'Is that you Mate?'

'Yes Mate'

'Have a good day Mate'

'You too Mate'

Is that how it went?

bekolblockage
8th Jun 2005, 14:55
Is that how it went?

Most probably - plus a few S.M.D.s thrown in for good measure.

redsnail
8th Jun 2005, 18:41
Cap'n Claret,

Not in Oz at the mo, wear the fox hat? :D

Capt Claret
9th Jun 2005, 06:23
Reddo,

40 nm SE of YPDN. :p

Roger Standby
9th Jun 2005, 16:55
Good One, Mate. :D

Gunnadothat
11th Jun 2005, 07:22
One waypoint that didn't hang around for a while (funnily enough) was MESUX.

Renamed as ROSEY (fairly quickly tho') about 108nm south of YPKA..

Can only imagine what the crews thought as they reported that one :hmm:

Capt Claret
11th Jun 2005, 07:50
Gunnadothat

I heard tell that an older gentleman complained about the connotations of mesux.

When asked "what do you want it called then?" said genltman is alleged to have said, "well my cat's name is Rosey"

The Voice
11th Jun 2005, 07:51
oh yes .. ROSEY .. I remember that .. :}

always detected a sneer in certain voices!!! :\

Aussie FI 3A
18th Jun 2005, 04:24
Petitioned ASA to change the Jandakot SIDS (MANTLE & ARMAD) to SPLASH and CRASH respectively (ie. what happens when the POS P68N loses a donk), they didnt budge.....

No sense of humour :}

ZK-Altitude
19th Jun 2005, 08:17
I heard the CAA planned on introducing a new waypoint in Nelson called MYKOK, don't know if there's any truth to it though.

Juliet Echo Delta, please hold MYKOK...

Hmm... :ok:

Cloud Cutter
19th Jun 2005, 23:11
"ABC, go down early please, there's a Duchess holding MYKOK"

En-Rooter
20th Jun 2005, 06:15
Cloud Cutter,

Love ya work!

Berger
20th Jun 2005, 12:07
A few more IFR Waypoints from WA

WONSA 22 00 00S 110 00 00E
JOLLY 23 00 00S 110 00 00E
SWAGY 24 00 00S 110 00 00E
CAMBS 25 00 00S 110 00 00E
BUIYA 26 00 00S 110 00 00E
BILLA 27 00 00S 110 00 00E
BONGS 28 00 00S 110 00 00E
UNDER 29 00 00S 110 00 00E
ACOOL 30 00 00S 110 00 00E
EBARR 31 00 00S 110 00 00E
TREES 32 00 00S 110 00 00E

and BILET (aka Mal Billet RIP)
24 42.2S 118 51.1E

And for as little as $100 as a donation to a charity of your choice, you too could name a waypoint

http://www.airservices.gov.au/publications/namegate.asp

Arrgggggggggggg

Bugga missed page 4

please disregard

Porn Flakes
8th Jul 2005, 07:18
Okay...okay...

'Probably' inappropriate, but perhaps 'PORNO' may present itself on H/L ERC Charts.

Those of us engaged in Long haul ops do need some form of entertainment on those looooong sectors :) :E

Mr Wright
11th Jul 2005, 22:48
ABLOK, east of Lockhart River FNQ.

Don Mask
25th Jul 2005, 22:52
AGIRA is a new one in NZ. Looking forward to hearing someone having to track via-AGIRA..............

Sunfish
28th Jul 2005, 02:51
Is there a PPRUNE?

pakeha-boy
24th Aug 2005, 14:24
There is an RNAV Rwy 8 approach going into phoenix Arizona,one of the fixes is:

OJGIL........ie OJ simpson guilty..........loveit,the yanks wont let that one go

RTB RFN
2nd Sep 2005, 22:10
TURTS (Darwin) - a great man, a big heart and a good friend to many - RIP.

deadhead
3rd Sep 2005, 11:05
New to the RNAV(GNSS) Arrival chart for NZGB:

ASEXO
NODIK
UPSAS

nig&nog
3rd Sep 2005, 21:41
Hakit one dep out of Cairns

CANNU
HAKIT

cheers

Bart Simson
11th Sep 2005, 23:33
Has anyone mentioned position DOGIE in the Pacific (South of Hawaii).
:D :ok: :D :ok: :D :ok:

TopperHarley
14th Dec 2005, 00:07
When coming into SYD from the south I usually......

RIVET, TAMMI then BOGIE (and other times i just roll over and go to sleep)

Mr Proachpoint
15th Dec 2005, 08:23
To dial in TOMAS (NZAA 23L 3-ish DME) you have to scroll past TOJAM. TINEA might be in there also. Must have a look.....

MAPt

Robinxoog
15th Dec 2005, 15:22
Around here everything's pretty boring - "SNAPA" off the coast (if you can fight the sharks for them), and "SAFIR" a little closer to shore (which is named after the Sandfire Roadhouse, although ATC out east seem convinced it's an Indian word - "saff-eer").

There were some interesting ones near Phoenix, Arizona as I recall: a STAR named after the local "Phoenix Suns" basketball team, including such waypoints as "HOOPS", "SLAMN", "DUNKS" and "SUNSS". Crappy basketball team, tho'...

There was another arrival in that area that had "DARTH" and "VADER" on it... not sure if that was an RNAV arrival, or if you were just meant to use the force to navigate.

Islander Jock
15th Dec 2005, 16:57
Can't access the plates from here but isn't the FAF for 03 YPPH TIMMY (Pronounced " Timeeehhh") Makes me think of the cartoon kid in the wheelchair on South Park!

stainedpantystealer
15th Dec 2005, 22:12
Not an IFR waypoint as such but thought an appropriate story...

In Fiji, a VFR waypoint inbound to the Nadi TMA is called the "gap" - had many a laughs entering the TMA with female contollers and they were quite happy to play along also.

Eg,

Me: "Nadi Tower, XXX request clearance to enter via your gap"
Tower: "XXX, cleared to enter via my gap, report on base!"

Hats off to the girls in Nadi tower!

Time Bomb Ted
15th Dec 2005, 23:11
Righto,

Who came up with NASUX up in Darwin???

TBT

Reese Jones
16th Dec 2005, 16:25
in the US right now,
BAZBL BATTS, in Houston,
GUITR and FIDDL in Nashville
REDNK in Atalanta
FIKUP in Milwaukee (not sure if that one was intentional - never know with the yanks)
HOWYA DOOIN in Newark
MUDDA SLIDD in New Orleans
lots more but my memory is the second shortest thing I've got... :{
cheers rj

Pass-A-Frozo
16th Dec 2005, 16:39
Not sure if it is still there but near Noumea - "NISAS"

Always good reporting to the lassy with a French accent "Nice Ass"

king oath
18th Dec 2005, 09:20
Over the Bight you have Funal followed by Frill. The two usually go together.

Capt. On Heat
19th Dec 2005, 05:52
One ppruner would like BUSTA HYMEN me thinks.