PDA

View Full Version : European Flight Training - the right flightschool

SAMIR786
7th May 2005, 23:48
Hey all...

I just came back from spending 4 weeks in Florida to do my Fast Track PPL at EFT based in Ft. Pierce.

I stayed at the Road Runner travel resort, which is a 15-minute walk from the school. I must say that the villa far exceeded my expectations and was very comfortable indeed. The interiors were secure, clean and very well ventilated. The whole area was beautifully laid out with lakes, golf courses, tennis court, basketball court and a very handy supermarket.

First and foremost, the quality of the instruction at EFT is second to none. My primary instructor, together with the others I flew with, were punctual, professional and very encouraging. They really do know how to mould a person into a good pilot. Briefing and debriefing were thorough and a great source of reflecting on each flights.

Despite the construction work going on around the building due to the last hurricane, the facilities at the school are good. There is an Internet terminal, planning booths and a dispatch room which all serve their purpose to a reasonable standard.

From my experience, the management of the school are very helpful and professional. Trevor, co-owner and Head of Training, really is a top guy and was very supportive throughout the course. The administration is also good. Although the statements/invoices can be at times difficult to interpret, I was not over charged and received exactly what I paid for.

On the whole, despite missing out on 3 perfectly good flying days for personal reasons, I completed 45 hours and passed my skills test (first time) exactly 21 days on from my first flight. The last 7 days of my trip were spent relaxing in South Beach, Miami!!!!

I must say I've been a bit lucky with the weather and aircraft not going tech on me. Although there were problems with a few of the aircraft in my last week, I was managed so that I would still have an aircraft to fly in.

My thoughts on EFT?

:ok:

huggybear46
8th May 2005, 20:27
Hey ppruner's,
I'd like to make my ATPL at EFT, but there are several questions, I hope some of you can help me.

Firstly, what do you think about this school and their APP. Maybe some of you have experience with that programme and can tell me something about it. (airline recognition, pros and cons)

Secondly, some of you will see it immediately that I'm not a native speaker(I'm from Germany), so I'd like to know wheather I can pass the APP.

Thirdly, the APP consits of a flightinstructor term in the end whitch brings me 1500 hours, but there are not on a jet they are on a prop, so do the hours help me when I file my application to an airline.

If you have further information about EFT let me know.

Thanks a lot
Huggy

boredaccountant
8th May 2005, 22:45
Hi,

I at at EFT currently coming to the end of Stage 2 on the APP. Check your PM and get in touch with any questions you have, i'll be happy to answer them. That goes for anyone else who has questions about eft. PM me to boredaccountant

Regards,

William