PDA

View Full Version : Resettlement?

MATZ
8th May 2005, 09:44
Just seen this on the web:

BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4526607.stm)

Lionel Lion
8th May 2005, 09:52
Excelent. OK, who from Aldergrave(sp) knows her????

Is she worth it? Bet she earns more than we do now!

DuckDodgers
8th May 2005, 10:19
She was at the home of the Mighty Jaguar before that to! Think she has made a good career choice being half Maltese and rather good looking for one of the 'girls'.....Brightened my day up at work as her boss!

A good headin
8th May 2005, 10:29
A Waafie with a fit body? Would you believe it?

Don't suppose the MoD will be too worried about too many others following!

.........I'll get me coat.

Training Risky
8th May 2005, 11:56
Is it my imagination, or has this thread been hastily renamed, ie: it's had any reference to 'pole dancer' taken out of the title.

mod censorship perhaps?

More importantly, can I get an ATPL funded through resettlement, 0-150 hr integrated course?:rolleyes:

charliegolf
8th May 2005, 12:08
ATPL out of resettlement?

Clearly yes, as long as it costs less than £2100 ish, and you're a fit looking bird.

CG

I had 6 weeks at home (more or less) for mine.

JessTheDog
8th May 2005, 13:59
I have heard of the establishment she dances in.

Some years ago, when based at the top-secret Walter's Ash bunker, some of us paid a civilised visit into London. We went past the bar in question (just round the corner from the RAF Club) and saw there was a half-price champagne happy hour. This seemed like a good deal, and we went in. On talking to the bar staff, it turned out that upstairs (we were downstairs) was for lap dancing. We left without partaking - on that occasion!

I never went back (honest!) but the bar became popular with the young and bold. At one point, Innsworth might have been advised to send the monthly pay cheque of certain officers direct to the establishment in question, allowing them to collect the change! Some of the young ladies were taken back to a certain Mess one night - I was not around, but heard about it afterwards!

It is good to see that, once you leave the RAF, you can stay quite closely in touch!

:E

The Rocket
8th May 2005, 16:08
If she looks anything like most of the WAAFs I've seen, that bill must have included the cost of putting her legs the right way around again, and a large helping of Liposuction:p :p

:ok:

trap one
9th May 2005, 17:24
Fair do's to the lass, she is willing to get out and work hard to earn decent money after working for a pitance and being mucked about for 5 years. It makes me sick to read the dross that these so called News hounds come out with. One of the Sunday rags suggested that now she earns so much that she should pay back her entitlement. I say not one penny should she return! As for the comment that she should do something like secretarial or some other poorly paid job is just typical of some muppet who doesn't want her to get a better life style.

Sorry rant over but these rag merchants are just too much at times.

If you read this Stephanie Hulme good luck to you.

Trap One

ZH875
9th May 2005, 17:31
She should keep all her money, but tell which of our lords and masters visit the club. Would make better reading than most of the cr@p they usually print.

Good luck to her, about time someone used resettlement to get a job.

MrBernoulli
9th May 2005, 18:28
I am assuming that the £2100-ish is largely made up of hotac and travel warrants. I was, very recently, allocated only £534 for resettlement course fees after 16 years in the RAF. Seems like she got a good deal for a paltry 5 years service or I got a lousy deal for 16 years service. Hmmmmm ..........

Otis Spunkmeyer
9th May 2005, 18:51
This will set a nice precedent.

My application for a resettlement course in Pubic Topiary should sail through.

Pontius Navigator
10th May 2005, 07:04
MrBernoulli, yes you're right. I got warrants to London and then 30 days x £25 (unaccommodated rate) plus whatever separation was for the 30 days. Worked out at about £900.

As someone else had paid for my air ticket to India . . .:ok:

rafloo
10th May 2005, 07:43
She may well have used her ELC's to take the money up to £2100. She would be entitled to about £1100 ELC so that may account for a portion.

extpwron
10th May 2005, 08:53
If it helps, I am prepared to give her a portion!