PDA

View Full Version : RN as next of kin

Pielander
7th May 2005, 16:52
Just a quickie...

My parents need to put me down as next of kin on their passport. Do they need put my full unit address (and then presumably have to keep changing it), or is there some clever way I can be tracked down wherever I move on to? The trouble is, I'm at Dartmouth until December, then presumably I'll be moved between courses and holding posts left right and centre for a few years after that.

Thank you kindly.

Pie

timex
7th May 2005, 19:41
Hope this isn't a wind up but

Use your home address...........

L1A2 discharged
7th May 2005, 19:45
There will be, somewhere, in the dark blue admin world a 'casualty' cell. Currently the light blue version is at Innsworth, contat your admin staff and get the relevant contact card with the details on. It should work both ways too, get a card for your parents to keep in case contact is needed for an urgent and real reason and the system should get the message through, worldwide '24/7' as they say.

for real events it has worked well for me in the past.

If you try to get the family to contact you themselves in an event which requires your urgent attention it can bu@@er the system if it is shortcut.

HTH

airborne_artist
8th May 2005, 06:55
I remember a similar question arising when I was in my green phase, and my Dad was still in the dark blue. An inspection of the regt's documents highlighted that I had to put down my father's name and the address of his appointer, rather than my father's private address.

Have a word with the Chief Writer - expect he has the answer.

How's life by the seaside treating you Pielander - bet all that sea air is bracing?

Jucky
8th May 2005, 10:21
L1A2, The 'casualty cell' you refer to for the dark blue is the same one that you light blue types use at Innsworth. I believe it has gone purple just like everything else.

Topsy Turvey
8th May 2005, 22:41
L1A2 - Can confirm above, the MoD now has a Joint Casualty & Compassionate Centre (JCCC) based at Innsworth. Saw an internal briefing note a couple of weeks ago which stated 24/7 service and access to all three Services databases / records. So they should be able to contact you in the event of a family emergency or your NOK if you are ever unfortunate enough to be taken ill. Only problem I can see is it is now run by AFPAA!!

cobaltfrog
9th May 2005, 17:05
PIELANDER

If you have to ask questions like that on this forum when you have the staff there to help you, me thinks December might be a long way off!!

L1A2 discharged
9th May 2005, 19:21
Note to self: Must read the plethora of briefing notes, u need 2 know, spam, spam spam etc ...

Thanks peeps.