PDA

View Full Version : Mexican take-off technique

EGAC
6th May 2005, 11:01
Would anyone care to comment on this?

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/830543/L/

ou Trek dronkie
6th May 2005, 11:08
I can't see any flap down, could be the eyes, but seem to remember a technique where the gear lever was selected up before rotate (don't remember exactly where it was selected). The result could have been like this ?

And no, I didn't say it was an approved technique.

Must say, it makes a pretty picture.

old Tail dragger

woptb
6th May 2005, 11:12
The taxiway/runway in view is not that which the DC9 is departing from,the perspective is all wrong (unless it's only 6Ft wide!). Suggest that the runway the aircraft has just lifted off is out of view, below the picture - so to speak.

treadigraph
6th May 2005, 11:22
Agree with WOPTB - the camera deceives! Good effect though!

Skeleton
6th May 2005, 11:53
And the flaps and slats are clearly down.

Irish Steve
6th May 2005, 12:14
should be a caption contest.

My Entry

Nigel, you need to float it for a couple more seconds, the gear's nearly there.

VONKLUFFEN
6th May 2005, 13:19
MMM, whatever it was, who cares. What it really is, is an arrogant, lack of discipline attitude and dangerous way of showing that he is an "airline PILOT". Wow, this guy should be sued, grounded and or fired. Would anyone like to have his or her family on board of this aircraft and put them in the hands of this smart a..? Not me. This kind of shows belong somewhere else for example air shows, where the guy is the only one. And even so just look at the numbers, how many bite the dust. But at the end is only them, hopefully...

rej
6th May 2005, 13:22
Probably an ex-Buc pilot.

Nordams
6th May 2005, 13:27
VONKLUFFEN, I think you missed the point. The runway is simply out of view. There is nothing wrong with what's happening.

Big Hilly
6th May 2005, 13:37
VONKLUFFEN,

Blimey mate, calm down!

It's clearly a 'perspective' thing. If you look closely, you'll see that the A/C is much further off the ground than it appears at first. . .

Have a look at THIS (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/793614/M/) photo by the same photographer at the same airport and all will become clear. . .

Best wishes,

BH

Avman
6th May 2005, 13:38
VONKLUFFEN ,

whatever it was, who cares etc., etc.

What a complete imbecile you are. Go away and play with your dummy you silly little spotty plonker. It is O B V I O U S to anyone with only a single grain of intelligence that the a/c is not lifting off the runway that can be seen in the photo.

VONKLUFFEN
6th May 2005, 13:58
Nordams , Big Hilly thanks, you are correct . By the way, you guys also passed your CRM cousre with the highest honors, for sure. It would be a privilege to fly with you guys if I ever could.
Avman thanks for trying to make your point.
Case close, an other day an other flight, just like in the sim ...
Be good;)

Avman
6th May 2005, 14:05
The pleasure is all mine ;)

BOAC
6th May 2005, 16:25
Well, hopefully the handbags are now back in the wardrobe:D

VONKLUFFEN - welcome to Pprune. 3 posts over 4 years and a bit 'bruised'. I see you never returned to your first post.

rej - he's a bit too high, maybe

Avman - succinctly put, if a touch brutal:D

As Vonk says, 'case closed' to avoid further flailing