PDA

View Full Version : PAT at Bournemouth - What's the latest opinion ?

T67
5th May 2005, 12:08
Hi Folks,

I've been looking around for the CPL / IR training. I'm currently living just north of Southampton. I've heard good comments about PAT - similar to the comments I heard about ATA in Coventry for the ATPLs (and ATA were excellent ! :ok: ). The last comment regarding PAT was around Feb. Are there any others that you would recommend as highly ?

What are the latest views of PAT - are any of you training there at the moment or have trained there recently ? I will of course be popping in to look around and get a general feel for the place but it would be good to get the latest pros and cons.

Many thanks

T67

Sky Wave
5th May 2005, 14:21
Was probably me that replied in Feb. Bit I still call in there, I still rent their aircraft and I've just renewed my MEP with them.

And I still think they're Gr8 :ok:

If you need more details PM me.

SW

Tim_donovan
6th May 2005, 08:20
T67,

I started my training (groundschool) with EPTA at Bournemouth, which was great. The instruction was ok and in general the people were great.
But as I was coming to the end of ground school I spoke to others ahead of me who were doing their CPL and IR who were not that happy.
So I decided to look at all the schools in the Area: Oxford, Carol, BFCT, Examiner Training and finally PAT.
Oxford was difficult to get onto a course, as they were very busy.
Carol was ok but lacking students not good for back seating. But a good history.
BCFT extremely helpful and good set up but not sure. (Some of my friends went there though and said it was great.)
Examiner Training - again very good but very quite place. Maybe bad timing on my part.
EPTA - DONT GO THERE. How surprised I was at how such a nice company at first could turn into such a bunch of Sh**s I would love my deposit back Fat Chance.

PAT on the other hand - Lovely friendly environment cracking training and to coin a phrase (The price quoted is the price you pay - "It does exactly what it says on the tin")

Instruction was first class well if you could call Drew First Class (Twinkle Toes!! Private joke)
The Controller (Top Notch)
170A With Mr Hale. Boy he is good.
The Leader Mrs Mollison to you Sir. One of the nicest ladies I have met.
Red Top - Tops need I say any more.
Mike - Useful source of information.

Not once did an Aircraft go tech - The sim went tech once and cos I had finished in the sim. 2 of us plus an instructor flew down to northern France to pick up a part and flew back. The sim was down for Just 8 hours. Bloody good I say. Nice one PAT

So I highly recommend it. So would most of the other people on the courses at that time.
Mind you watch your sandwiches Bruno will have them

Happy shopping

TD:ok: :cool:

Nice flaps
6th May 2005, 23:25
T67,

If you're shopping around I suggest you have a look at Flightpass down in Exeter www.flightpass.co.uk
I finished my training there well over a year ago now and they were first class.
A colleague of mine trained at PAT and he recommends them highly also.
Regards,

NF

Wee Weasley Welshman
7th May 2005, 08:53
A friend of mine completed her CPL and IR there about 3 weeks ago. She had intended to stay on at OATS after the groundschool but ditched that idea due to the less than satisfactory progress she could see being made by other students ahead of her.

I suggested several alternative schools and she chose PAT. She brims with praise for the place, the staff and the equipment. It was also cheaper than her original plan. She passed her IRT first time.

Having been a student there myself in 1999 I have witnessed nothing but praise for the place on these pages for 6 years now. Thats an enviable record.

Fact is I believe the best FTO's in the world of JAA have no more than 6 aircraft each.

Cheers

no sponsor
7th May 2005, 09:46
Yes, Sally did do very well. T67 you have a PM from me.

Dutchie
8th May 2005, 11:49
Went there a long while ago and recommend them highly after the course.

Went to see them a few months ago and they were as friendly as ever: I had to try the new sim and yes a back seat flight was no problem. :ok:

But as Tim says watch your sandwiches. Bruno still has't lost his appetite!

carbonfibre
8th May 2005, 19:11
I think it's all been said, I had Twinkle Toes and he got me through with a first time pass.

In a nut shell, wish I had gone there for all my commercial flying.

It's now time for the renewal and I am sure it will be just as good

CF:ok:

T67
8th May 2005, 21:13
Hi
Many thanks to everyone who responded. It's good to see a school so highly recommended. I'll be popping down there very shortly, if I do go with them - which I think will be highly likely, I will guard my sandwiches :ok:

Many thanks
T67

:ok:

JB007
8th May 2005, 22:01
Ditto with all of the above! Did my IR there last year, enjoyed every minute of it...