PDA

View Full Version : Kapiti?

Wingman09
5th May 2005, 07:43
HI

Just been checking out some info on flying schools, came across kapiti. Doesnt look to be a mass producer of pilots, but it has student loan(which i need).

Is it a place where people recomend to do CPL and MEIR or even a Instructer rating??

1279shp
5th May 2005, 14:05
... run by an old buddy left seater. Phill Hooker is a bloody legend and runs a v.good campus. He's an A-Cat and rated on damn near everything in the sky!

P: 07 575 2747 F: 07 575 6 747 E: [email protected]
www.bayflight.co.nz but website is sh!t. Ask for Laurence.

NZQA for loans too.

Rumour has it that there's some v.exciting things unfolding at Bay Flight over next few months!! ;)

Heard words re some biggish metal and a new turbine twin.

Been a bit since I've Rum'n'Coked with Hookz!! :ok:

What time is ECT?
6th May 2005, 09:38
I have just passed my CPL in April. Wherever you go, you need to decide what your standards are.

Do you want to pass first time?
Do you want the supervision of an experienced A or B Cat?
Do you want to support an hour-building instructor?
Is flying where you choose, going to help or hinder your career?
What is the big picture saying?

I paid for it all myself part time over about three years. It is far better in my humble opinion to earn your way through, because the debt at the end of it can be horiffic - especially if you pull out part way through and there is no way to get your 60k back.

Hope this helps, PM me for more info.

ECT.

heathmac1
16th May 2005, 00:08
hey
how ablout feilding?? We offer PPl CPL MEIR and Instructor rating. Great place - small but not too small and the availablitiy of aircraft is great - no waiting 2 weeks for a 30 minute flight!!! Great opportunity for IFR, Palmerston North and Ohakea right next door.
Check out the website - www.marawatu.co.nz (http://www.pprune.org/advert.php)

Advertising! :mad:

Yup - check out the web site above! :ok:

Woomera

chicken6
16th May 2005, 00:33
Wingman09

And to answer YOUR questions, yes.

There was a thread on Kapiti Aero Club about a month ago, try using the search feature to get a far more informative thread about YOUR question than this one is rapidly turning into.

It's a hard thing for a prospective student to assess the quality of a course without having done it, but I went there for about three years for my first job (instructing and the occasional charter), flew everything they had and absolutely loved it. They have dedicated (and VERY experienced) fixed-wing and rotary instructors, aerobatics, tailwheels, work on the other side of graduation and a good club as well as the fulltime students. If you live in the Wellington region and can live at home and save pennies, I'd say do that.

Have you been out to see what IS there? How long it takes to get a booking? Talking to people face to face is another good way to find things out, as long as they answer YOUR questions, not give you answers purely to promote themselves.

Enjoy the search.