PDA

View Full Version : Pay Rise

CPX
5th May 2005, 04:33
Heard from a contact in Emirates that flight crew just got an 8% increase in all their salary scales, in addition to the normal 3% yearly increment. A total of 11% pay rise.

And Cathay............

5th May 2005, 04:40
8%....????In my country they say"better than a kick in the butt"

Saltaire
5th May 2005, 09:46
Good news, but that's just to keep up with the rise of inflation in Dubai. They needed to pay 20% for someone to get excited. Still far short of even the B scale salaries.........sorry.

tamalai
5th May 2005, 10:25
actually if you are aware that negotiations are taking place now for retirement at 60 and that combined with that deal will be a pay rise, and traditionally payrise's come on 1st July, the last one being on 01.07.2001 so 4 years at 3% a year gets you 12%.................................it should certaily be something worthwhile.......................

404 Titan
5th May 2005, 11:23
tamalai

Just for the record there are "NO" negotiations going on between the AOA and the company at present for retirement age 60. COS is the next item for negotiation.

soompak
5th May 2005, 11:49
Lucky Emirates Pilot. You all deserve it.

QNH1013
5th May 2005, 11:56
Hope CX keep a good COS going or make it better even. Instead of making it worse due to the 'hard times' of commercial aviation today. Hope the management don't go down that excuse road. Let CX remain a premium quality and most sought after flying career!

Ready for the comments...or backlash :cool:

bobrun
5th May 2005, 17:22
COS is the next item for negotiation......

I recently had the good news that I'll join CX in 2006. Is the negotiation of the COS good or bad news?

kenfoggo
6th May 2005, 06:23
COS may be the unions priority but the company see an agreement to work to age 60 as a priority due to the crew shortage, despite what Titan404 says above. Expect to see this forced through unilaterally by the company if the union does not come to an agreement. This would be yet another unagreed change to COS and another clear demonstration of the ineffectiveness of the union.

jtr
6th May 2005, 07:07
another clear demonstration of the ineffectiveness of the union.

I believe MG has been quite effective in moving toward his goals.

GlueBall
6th May 2005, 13:24
...And the EMIRATES pay raise has something to do with.........Fragrant Harbour? Has the Middle East Forum become too boring?

CPX
6th May 2005, 19:19
Re: Silberfuchs 'It is my understanding that the Emirates "payrise" was rather a salary adjustment because of the devaluing US$.
The same adjustment was paid to ALL workers in the Dubai emirate.......locals got a 12% adjustment & expats got 8%.'

My EK contact says that their pay already had/has currency compensation to account for changes in the value of the Aed (tied to the US$=Aed 3.66). The payrise was not for that reason. In fact they will get currency compensation on their payrise!

All workers in Dubai did not get a payrise. Government workers got 25% (locals) and 15% (expats).

There is no income tax in Dubai. Emirates pilots get accommodation provided, utilities paid for, and are driven to/from work. They don't pay tax on their accommodation assistance either. Their salary is an 'after tax' salary. Ek pilot's pay rise was 11% including the annual increment. To get the same pay rise in the pocket CX pilots would have to get 13% (11%+tax).

kenfoggo
7th May 2005, 08:24
jtr. What are MG s aims that he has been so good at achieving?

Driving the membership numbers down?
Making the union an irrelevance?

Please respond, I really would like to know what he has achieved for the membership and the 49 ers.

jtr
7th May 2005, 11:16
Kenfoggo, I believe MG has achieved very little, gusting nothing at all, for us and the 49ers.

The key word in my statement is "HIS", I will leave you to work out for yourself what "HIS" goals are.

I can tell you though, that "HIS" goals, and my goals seem mutually exclusive.

Sander
7th May 2005, 14:48
To set the record straight

UAE nationals working for the UAE goverment +25%
Other working for the government of the UAE +15%
Emirates Pilots +8%
The three percent is our annual contract increment, not a payrise.

FO joining salary is now about $4500 USD per month.
FO joining salary is now AED 2000 ($600USD) per month more than it was in 1991 - 14 years ago.

Inflation in Dubai is running at more than 8%
A long over due adjustment, very welcomed, but far short of where our pay has gone in the last 14 years.