PDA

View Full Version : Mil/CAA Accreditation for pilots with fw and rotary time - good news!!!

EESDL
4th May 2005, 08:18
Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you signs of life over at the Belgrano.
For some time now I have been nursing a large red patch on my forehead from where I have been hitting the walls down at Gatwick!

For those of you with just below 2000P1/Capt rotary and just under 2000P1/Capt fixed-wing, you may have thought life was unfair as far as the Mil Accreditation scheme went as atleast one half of your flying experience was, effectively, being ignored by CAA.

It's a degree of overkill as I was only after credit for IR Theory as I only wanted an IR(H) and already hold a UKATPL(H) but missed the GrandFather rights deadline for JAR crossover.

Now where's that telephone number for that Cheddar establishment?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Firstly, please accept my apologies for the delay in replying.

As previously advised, there is no accreditation of military experience against the JAR CPL(A)/(H) or IR theoretical knowledge examinations - due primarily to the MoD deciding not to fund the necessary reviews of military training against the respective examination syllabi - accreditation only exists against ATPL(A)/(H) examinations. However, in light of a number of recent cases (yours included!) we have reviewed the policy with regard to the crediting of both fixed-wing and rotary flight time towards the eligibility criteria of each scheme.

As such, you are now considered eligible for the FW(ME) accreditation scheme (qualifying you for the maximum credit available) which would require you to solely pass the Air Law exam at ATPL(A) level - your existing UK ATPL(H) (or a JAR ATPL(H) for that matter) does not qualify you for a credit against this subject - oddly, there are differences in the syllabus for this subject at ATPL(A) and ATPL(H) level.

To summarise, a pass in the Air Law exam at ATPL(A) level will qualify you for ATPL(A) theoretical knowledge credit (valid for 3 years to obtain a CPL(A) and IR(A)) including IR theory. As IR theory is common to (A) and (H) this would satisfy the theory requirements for the grant of an IR(H).

A bit long winded I know but it does reduce the exam requirement considerably!

Regards

Simon White
Policy Section
PLD

BEagle
4th May 2005, 08:47
Excellent news indeed! Simon White is one of the few at the Belgrano who has always been extremely helpful, particularly towards Mil/Civ accreditation.

But "....due primarily to the MoD deciding not to fund the necessary reviews of military training against the respective examination syllabi" does rather speak volumes about the current MoD attitude. How many silly rucksacks, AP3003s or 'Uneed2know' s would it cost to conduct a review which would benefit many aircrew prior to resettlement?

Or are they worried that a lot of folk will grow sick of mud and/or deserts and will be out quicker than $hit through a goose given half reasonable accreditation rights?

Floppy Link
4th May 2005, 14:10
So eesDl does this mean you'll be doing your IR(H) after all?
ooer

Got an 'N' yet?
R

EESDL
4th May 2005, 19:42
Floppy
Can't find an 'N' for love nor money - may have to convince him to go for a 135. That will mean going to numerous tradeshows, naturally.

Floppy Link
5th May 2005, 09:41
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ChristopherRobin
6th May 2005, 14:22
your existing UK ATPL(H) (or a JAR ATPL(H) for that matter) does not qualify you for a credit against this subject - oddly, there are differences in the syllabus for this subject at ATPL(A) and ATPL(H) level.

...I hope he means UK ATPL and JAR ATPL, because I have had the deep displeasure of doing the ATPL (H) Air Law exam this very morning and I can assure you that it was exactly the same one as the ATPL(A) chaps did!

...As a matter of fact, the only exam different at all is PofF (and it was obviously put together by someone who has only seen a helicopter in a magazine.

So. I get to study Aircraft Gen Knowledge and learn all about how many fire extinguishers should be in an aircraft with 399 seats, the CAA get £55 and the benefit to flight safety is????