PDA

View Full Version : J'Craft Caravans

Captain Nomad
4th May 2005, 00:51
What's the latest on the emerging J'Craft bank runs at BK? Have the caravans started operation yet? Is there any further info on who's crewing them - Macflite cadets?

Been a bit quiet on this front lately so I thought I would open it up for discussion again...!:ok:

drshmoo
4th May 2005, 02:03
yep, they've started. There are two going every morning at the moment and I beleive they are waiting to take delivery of another C208 cargomaster shortly. These caravan also do paper runs from BK to CG every night too, so some days the caravans dont make it back in time, so Ive seen one of the ******** metros doing the frieght up to moree. Not sure on the crewing but I know of at least one bloke thats ex Avcentre. For those who aren't in the know, Avcentre lost one of there runs to ********.
These C208 cargomasters have no pod and they get along at close to the speeds of the old PA31s, couple that with what seems to be servicable de-icing equipment (including windshield) and nice Garmin 530/430 autopliot stack = good times. From what I hear, the C208 are to be the step in between getting on the metros.
As for the Macflite cadets, not sure where they fit in the picture

hey why has the word J e t c r a f t in my above post been replaced with #######? Im not being slanderous

Raingauge
4th May 2005, 02:18
I have heard that the C208's are going to be doing the paper runs out of Adel shortly. Can anyone confirm this?

CaptainToBe
4th May 2005, 08:23
Does anybody know what Jcraft is asking qualification wise regarding pilots? OR, is it the same as the metro which is listed on their site?
C2B

10000FT
6th May 2005, 07:18
Raingauge i have heard the same thing about the runs out of adel. i'm based near CG and a couple of the guys up here have been talking bout it. Not sure when though