PDA

View Full Version : 737NG OEI Climb time & fuel flow figures

jetblues
3rd May 2005, 07:34
Senario ; you have just taken off from point A and are climbing through 8000ft when you lose an engine. Your departure port is closed for arrivals so you elect to continue to point B. Lets say its 400 nm away. Where do you get your figures for the OEI climb speed and fuel flow ? The FMC cruise engine out page and FPPM or QRH PI will look after the OEI cruise, drift down and approach.

Comments please.

jetblues
4th May 2005, 01:59
The Engine Out Climb advisory data is available on the CLB page of the FMC.

This page provides Max Altitude, CON N1 and Engine out climb speed advisories.

Do you have a rule-of-thumb for the projected fuel flow of the remaining engine ??

JABBARA
4th May 2005, 02:19
Reference FCTM:

To maintain the same speed at the time of engine failure occurs, multiply the F/F by 2 and adjuts on the good engine.

Reference: Me

To maintain the speeds from Flap up to flaps 5, adjust the good engine N1 to 80% at traffic pattern altitude.

Hope this helps

eagerbeaver
4th May 2005, 08:51
I was told a FF of 40kg/min on one engine will check this as i am in the sim soon.

jetblues
5th May 2005, 08:49
Appreciate replies. Have searched through all the manuals again and still no specific mention or table to assist. All references are in relation to cruise, descent and approach.

I tend to use 40kg/min as a planning block figure in the 700/800. I have not used it as a OEI figure though.

The quest continues.