PDA

View Full Version : Weekend FI(r)

carbonfibre
2nd May 2005, 11:52
To All

Are any of you CFI's out there looking for a weekend cover only FI over the summer months and longer if you require it.

I am looking to complete my course at the end of June and would look for weekend work immediatly on obtaining the rating.
I have no restrictions on where I can work in the UK.

If anyone is interested pm me and I will pass you my phone number for a chat.

Apologise in adavance for sneeking in the free advertising

CF

:ok:

eyeinthesky
2nd May 2005, 19:48
Good luck with your attempt! You are showing good initiative.

Seeing as it is effectively a job application, you might like to put a little effort into ensuring it makes the right impression. Correct spelling, punctuation and grammar would go a long way towards helping it do that.

ariel
3rd May 2005, 09:50
Carbonfibre

Which part of the UK are you from?

If you are reasonably local to us (Mid Wales), then maybe I can help you. If not, would you really be prepared to travel large distances for 1 - 2 days work per week?

I've found this quite a lot with FIs advertising for work - they state they are prepared to travel / re-locate, but when push comes to shove and they are offered the part time work they requested, they turn up once or twice, then disappear again, when they realise that they can't hack the travel for relatively little work.

You see, employment as freelancers at flying schools is not an exact science; sometimes the work is plentiful, other times it isn't, (weather, cancellations, etc.. etc...).

As much as we would love to, we can't categorically state that there will always be 5 hours flying per day, unfortunately.

As stated, if you are REALLY serious about this, we could possibly offer you at least one day per weekend, (subject to meeting you and having a chat, of course), would be a start at least

ariel

carbonfibre
3rd May 2005, 16:01
aerial

The answer is yes, as for mid - Wales, I am closer than you think and probably work not too far from you anyway.

1/2 days work is fine, I have other employment and wish to start by flying PT weekends. I am very serious about the travelling, I would go upto 4 hours in any direction from where I am (check you PM's) which would cover just about most the country

Also there are many other objectives that need to be achieved, I would imagine, ground school, putting the planes to sleep, updating aerads, making the tea , not to mention air / ground comms etc. Im very flexible in that regard and have a realistic opinion of what flight time I might / might not get.

I will send you my e - mail and Mobile number / home and we can arrange to meet

CF:ok: