PDA

View Full Version : Equitable Mabel...tosser or what?

X-QUORK
1st May 2005, 13:20
Thirteen posts in as many minutes and registered this very day.

"Son, go fetch me the gun..."

Lionel Lion
1st May 2005, 13:23
I think I beat you in asking the question!

1418 vs 1420..........I'll get my coat........what a tw@t

Need for Speed!
1st May 2005, 13:24
Has he got nothing better to do with his sunday afternoon?

The Rocket
1st May 2005, 13:24
I'd like to third your theory X-QUARK,

He's most definately not an "or what"

SirToppamHat
1st May 2005, 13:28
I smell prime pork!

Moderators do your duty!

That said, I can happily defend most of those Mabel lists ... doesn't alter my views on the original post though ...

STH

An Teallach
1st May 2005, 13:28
I suspect he may be an 'or what'.

I'd have thought if he was a tosser, practising his art would have made for a much more entertaining rainy Sunday afternoon than transposing the RAF Careers site line by line to PPRuNe!

Safety_Helmut
1st May 2005, 13:36
Equitable Mabel...tosser or what?
Oh yes !

Jerry Can
1st May 2005, 14:27
Equitable Mabel...tosser or what?

Total t****r.

Tarnished
1st May 2005, 14:38
Didn't understand the banter until I scrolled down a bit.

Tw@t

exleckie
1st May 2005, 14:39
Agreed to all above posts.

start the chant now "OFF....OFF....OFF...."

Wholigan
1st May 2005, 15:58
14 threads in all. Pity he won't be able to see what effect he had! :E

Ray Dahvectac
1st May 2005, 16:06
And is he now known as 'Pilot Pacifier'?

Bump Bump Bump Bump

On at least half a dozen threads I have read so far. :rolleyes:

Edited to add: Make that a dozen. Giving upand going to do something worthwhile. Now ... where's a working corkscrew ????

Wholigan
1st May 2005, 16:11
Yep Ray - he/she's now gone too. So many sad cases - so little time to ban them!! ;)

Ray Dahvectac
1st May 2005, 16:14
Cheers Wholigan.

You would think people had better things to do on a bank holiday weekend, wouldn't you?

(p.s. My excuse is that I am working today! :( )

X-QUORK
1st May 2005, 16:17
Aaah good, the Mods have removed the "Mummy didn't love me" threads. Goodbye EM.

Echo 5
1st May 2005, 17:38
Ah good,

The despicable threads by the despicable tw@t have been removed . Glad to see that eveyone stood together on this one.

Regards to all,

E5

Need for Speed!
1st May 2005, 23:17
Its 00:16 back in the UK and i think you will all find he is at it again. Is he not now wasting his bank holiday monday? I am at work here in Japan. No bank holiday for us!

NFS

Scud-U-Like
1st May 2005, 23:31
Hmmm, a tosser she/he may have been, but, if it was fair to have an eleven page dig at the RAFP, why was this denied to every other job in the RAF?

ZH875
2nd May 2005, 12:42
if it was fair to have an eleven page dig at the RAFP, why was this denied to every other job in the RAF?Cos the snowdrops bite like hungry pirhana, and there are no other Jobs in the RAF, everyone who did well at school and who has more than one friend has a Trade, coppers have a job (an easy one at that)

Besides that, the muppets, shinies, Techies and growbag wearers have more than a few pages of digs to keep themselves occupied.

Scud-U-Like
2nd May 2005, 13:50
In spite of a good deal of infantile goading and dubious tale telling, I thought the RAF plod were generally very restrained in their responses (or lack thereof).

Pilot Pacifier
6th May 2005, 15:32
Attn Ray Dahvectac and Wholigan

On at least half a dozen threads I have read so far.
And
Yep Ray - he/she's now gone too. So many sad cases - so little time to ban them!!

As you can see I have been 'un-banned' and no Ray, I am most certainly not 'Equitable Mabel!' If you had read my post and taken in what I had said in this thread before it had been removed, then you may have understood what I had done. By 'bumping' in the other threads, I in fact moved them up the listings thus removing Equitable Mabel to page two. I was just as miffed with him as was everybody else. In fact, one of the posters on this thread had even suggested that it be done.

I thought I was doing other PPRUNE'ers a service. I then found that I couldn't log on and I guess from your quote above that you had me banned? If so, as I explained to PPRUNE Admin, I only had honourable intentions. May I suggest that if you want to ban someone in the future, that you take the time to understand what it is they have done and more importantly, why.

Pilot Pacifier :ok:

Safety_Helmut
6th May 2005, 17:34
PP

May I be the first to welcome you back. You're right, someone did suggest it, I personally thought it was a damn good move on your part.

Safety_Helmut :ok: :ok: :ok:

exleckie
6th May 2005, 18:00
Well done mate, although I didn't get it at the time, you done good!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wholigan
6th May 2005, 18:27
Pilot Pacifier - may I suggest in turn that the use of the "Report this post to a moderator" link is a more effective method of having a pain like "Equitable Mabel" - and their posts - removed.

Unfortunately, when you do what you did (admittedly with hindsight in helpful mode), and your multiple posts get reported to moderators as being a pain, as we do not possess yet the ability to psychically divine exactly what the intentions are and only see someone flooding the board with what are (on the surface) inane posts, then guess what happens.

Sorry to have banned you in error (again with hindsight). Welcome back.

Ray Dahvectac
7th May 2005, 07:38
Pilot Pacifier - Sorry mate if you were 'banned in error' but I do not have some crystal ball or Derren Brown-like ability to read words of explanation after they have been removed! :rolleyes:

However, I did not "have you banned" nor would I seek to do that to anyone - that is a decision for the moderators here. But coming into this cold and seeing "Bump Bump Bump Bump" added to enough posts to drive me to drink (literally - and thank you for that!) was, I felt at the time, yet another example of spam which should be reported to TPTB.

Had you done the same instead of taking matters into your own hands, albeit with the best of intentions, then your 'banning' need never have arisen. :ok:

Pilot Pacifier
7th May 2005, 12:34
Point taken guys! If it happens again (which I truly believe it will not!), I will explain my actions in a clearer manner or report the post to the moderator.

Thank you all for the welcome back! :ok:

FJJP
7th May 2005, 16:04
I didn't see any of the posts that were removed - I missed the whole episode!

I write to say that reporting posts to the Mods is indeed extremely effective. On occasion, when I felt it appropriate and reported, they acted very rapidly...