PDA

View Full Version : Importing address book

RAC/OPS
29th Apr 2005, 16:17
I have seen there are some threads on this topic, but I still need help please!!

I am trying to export my onetel email address book to outlook express. There is an import/export option, but there are 3 options (comma separated etc) I don't know which one to use. That's the first question.

Next, if I choose one of these, I get prompted to save it, which I do, but then when I come to import, OE can find the folder I saved it in, but the file isn't there.

What am I doing wrong?

Coconutty
30th Apr 2005, 08:59
Hi,

You're probably trying to Import "Windows" Address Book - this being the first and most obvious selection in the Drop Down list from the Impot Menu. You need to choose "Other Address Book" to Import your .csv file.

The following is from the Help file within Outlook Express :

"To import address books :

You can import address book contacts from other Windows Address Book files (.wab), as well as from Netscape Communicator, Microsoft Exchange Personal Address Book, or any text (.csv) file.
For Windows Address Book : ( You don't want this option )
1. On the File menu, point to Import, and then click Address Book.
2. Select the address book or file type you want to import, and then click Open.

For all other address book formats ( This is the one you want )
1. On the File menu, point to Import, and then click Other Address Book.
2. Click the address book or file type you want to import and then click Open."
( Text File - Comma Seperated Value - is at the bottom of the list – Click that one then browse to where you saved the file.
:ok:

RAC/OPS
30th Apr 2005, 10:01
Coconutty, you're amazing. That worked, thanks very much!!

Coconutty
30th Apr 2005, 13:05
Hey RAC/OPS - it's only "easy" when you know how :ok: