PDA

View Full Version : French Air Force

5 Forward 6 Back
29th Apr 2005, 11:51
Posting for a mate:

After my moans about holding posts being rubbish, a mate's just rung me and said it looks like he'll be holding in France this summer.

If anyone knows anything about the place in the south where they do Alpha Jet training, can you drop a PM I can pass on to him?

Cheers! :ok:

ImageGear
29th Apr 2005, 11:58
"Elementary training is being conducted on the TB30 Epsilon with EPAA315 at Cognac or the EMB 312F Tucano with GI312 at Salon de Provence, which replaced the CM 170 Magister in this role.

Fast jet pilots then continue on the Alpha Jet with EAC314 at Tours for advanced jet training and afterwards with ETO8 at Cazaux for weapons training.

After receiving their wings, new pilots will complete their training with the OCU's of the type to which they will be posted."

Imagegear (Googled)

5 Forward 6 Back
29th Apr 2005, 12:56
Thanks kindly. It's Cazaux he's off to.

Gainesy
29th Apr 2005, 13:21
There is usually an RAF pilot on exchange at Cazaux. Nice place.

5 Forward 6 Back
29th Apr 2005, 13:30
Now there's a thought; anyone have any idea how to reach the bloke in post now?

SSSETOWTF
29th Apr 2005, 14:07
To track the Cazaux man down - try phoning the fast-jet poster, PMA32c at Innsworth x6148. Or try Special Duties List (Overseas) admin staff at Innsworth x6125. Both should know who it is and have contact details.

Did a 2-week det down there myself once - nice little base, and Biarritz is just down the road.

Single Seat, Single Engine, The Only Way To Fly

airborne_artist
29th Apr 2005, 14:32
Check out the surfing at Hossegor and/or Mimizan - almost as much fun as aviating.

Gainesy
29th Apr 2005, 14:47
Well, when a mate was there, I just used to ask for Le Capitan Rosbif. Worked a charm & the gals on the PBX had a giggle.

Base tel is 010-33-56-22-99-15 and the exchange posting was to Esc 02/08 (Le deux-huit, in phone Frog). May have changed, this was a few years back.

Good headwork/ballsy move to get a foreign hold BTW.

Ed/Ad T'other side of the base is France's equivalent of Boscombe, so lots of interesting stuff going on.

Gericault
30th Apr 2005, 10:56
Sorry chaps, but the RAF exchange post at Cazaux has gone. Speaking as Gainsy's mate that was there once upon a time, it's a crying shame. I'm really quite envious of him going down there to hold, the weather is just turning, the town will be filling with tourists and the surfing, wine and food will be just as good as I remember it. Merde!

Gainesy
30th Apr 2005, 11:59
Hi Mate,
Will call you on Monday.
M

bayete
30th Apr 2005, 15:08
Nice right hand break in Bidart, it is a small town but thet still sell wine and Pelforth Blond.

Need for Speed!
1st May 2005, 13:19
He'll love it, foreign holds are awesome. I'm holding in Japan and its quality!

NFS