PDA

View Full Version : Skippers jobs?

VH-UFO
29th Apr 2005, 11:18
Well here goes probably a stupid question, but like the military taught me, there is no such thing as a stupid question.

An ad was on an internet site looking for "E,I and R" personnel.

Can someone enlighten me on the "E,I and R" ?

I guess "E" is engineering, but the other two?

I am assuming its Skippers because the ad states they have a fleet of Brasilias, Dash 8, Metro 23 and Conquest, which matches Skippers, however the mob advertising are Australian Aerospace Resources.

Anyone enlighten me?

Piston Twin
29th Apr 2005, 12:18
I don't think there is ever any stupid questions in aviation either.

Your on the right track, it does relate to engineering. They are all categories of LAME qualifications.

E = Electrical
I = Instrument
R = Radio

PT

Continental-520
29th Apr 2005, 12:56
Although, it seems that Skippers have been recruiting lots of pilots in the last 12months or so, and continue to do so.

Too bad you have to pay for the Metro endorsement. :yuk:

Transition Layer
29th Apr 2005, 14:31

Hope that little outburst makes you feel better! Still trying to work out how the thread went from E, I & R to paying for a Metro Endorsement...

TL

Towering Q
30th Apr 2005, 05:31
520...unfortunately that is the reality of the current supply v's demand situation.

LAME's, especially those with multiple tickets, are hard to find and have a certain amount of bargaining power with potential employers.

The reverse scenario applies to the pilot fraternity.:{

VH-UFO
30th Apr 2005, 09:32
Dont stop there Sydneyman, what kind of stories?

Continental-520
30th Apr 2005, 12:03
Sir/Ma'am,

Please allow me to extend my most sincere, heartfelt and deepest apologies for my statement.

I realise (now) that my actions are the height of non conformity and seriously uncalled for, barbaric and characteristic of barmecides. Next time, I shall avoid the reoccurrence of such non sensical actions and statements by starting a new thread.

Once again, my deepest apologies for this.

P.S. Yes, it did make me feel better.

VH-UFO
4th May 2005, 13:02
ooohhhh, sydneymannnnnnn?!

Towering Q
5th May 2005, 21:27
The Metro endorsement is $5500, where did you get $27500 from.?:confused:

Of the half dozen or so people I know that have worked at, or are still working at Skippers, all seemed happy with the work and conditions. Although one was slightly insane, g'day Kymbo.:ok:

compressor stall
6th May 2005, 03:57
Takes one to know one.

D'oh!!! :ouch:

GoNorth
6th May 2005, 09:07
The last I heard was the endorsement was $5,500 and then you are bonded 1 year for $8,000.

Hans Solo
7th May 2005, 00:49
Are you referring to a Metro Command Endorsement or a Co- Pilot's Endorsement, in regard to the $5500 up front????

Hans

Di_Vosh
7th May 2005, 04:49
I would give up flying rather than work for skippers, the stories ive heard send shivers down my spine!

A 12 month or a $4,500.00 or $22,000.00 bond sends shivers down your spine? :ooh:

You do understand, don't you, that you only pay that bond if you leave the company within the bond period?

DIVOSH!

Defenestrator
8th May 2005, 03:40
Out of interest, what does a Captain on the metro earn (Any extra for training or Check?) and are they looking for Capts right now. Anyone.....

Wings
21st May 2005, 11:58
One of my Senior Training Captains once pointed out the following;

There are three stages that a pilot goes through during his / her employment with an airline;

Stage One. When you first join. The company can do no wrong.

Stage Two. After about a year or two. The company can do no right.

Stage Three. After you have gone through Stage Two. You don't give a stuff anymore because you are leaving anyway.

The length of time between Stage Two and Three varies depending on your personal circumstances (married, children etc.).

Believe me when I tell you that this holds true all the way from the small operators to the majors.

Show me someone who has a bad opinion of Skippers and I'll show you someone with a bad opinion of QF, BA, EK, KA, CX, BI, TG and all the rest.

The Voice
21st May 2005, 20:29
Wings very very true .. wise words indeed.

Every crew room has the same chit chat, the only difference is the type of machinery flown.

Onewordanswer
24th May 2005, 05:27
Probably costs them $5000 all up and Stan and Rob have a party on the rest!

Are we invited?:}