PDA

View Full Version : Death Sentence

You Can Call Me Al
29th Apr 2005, 08:28
From the BBC:

‘A US soldier said to have hated America has been sentenced to death for the murder and attempted murder of comrades during the invasion of Iraq. Sgt Hasan Akbar used grenades and a rifle to kill two officers and wound 14 other personnel at a camp in Kuwait in the opening days of the war.’

‘The sentence is subject to an automatic appeal. If Akbar is eventually executed, it will be by lethal injection.’

I imply neither for or against, but, if you were a member of a CM – could you hand-down a death sentence?

To take the hypothesis a stage further, if you were commanding the body of men (women?) responsible, conceivably, for meting out a field punishment of death by firing squad, could you give the orders (or carry them out)?

Mmm….

ZH875
29th Apr 2005, 10:09
No doubt his family will claim he has become a 'MARTYR'.

No doubt Mr Al Q'aida will think of suitable 'revenge'.

And YES I could hand out a death sentence to those of whatever race, creed or color that deserve it. Why should the public pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to keep scumbags in prison for life, when there is a suitable punishment for that crime.

Training Risky
29th Apr 2005, 11:06
Strap a grenade to his cahunas and let him trust in Allah's mercy!

Seriously though: there is NO reason why the US Military should not be able to execute him.... to$$er.

:mad:

Canary Boy
29th Apr 2005, 11:13
The law's the law. Not sure how I would react after the event, but if given the job, well, BANG!

engineer(retard)
29th Apr 2005, 11:41
Two AQ vets are sitting in a Gaza Strip bar chatting over a pint of
fermented goat's milk. One pulls his wallet out and starts flipping through pictures and they start reminiscing.

"This is my oldest son, he's a martyr."

"You must be so proud" says the other.

"This is my second son. He is a martyr also."

"A fine looking young man", replies his friend.

"And this is my third son. Like his brothers, he too is a martyr."

After a pause and a deep sigh, the second vet says wistfully,

"They blow up so fast, don't they?"

jayteeto
29th Apr 2005, 11:41
If the US need an executioner for this man, I am available. In effect, he killed his enemy whilst disguised in his enemies uniform. Against the Geneva Convention I believe, therefore he cannot claim to be a POW. Goodbye........

effortless
29th Apr 2005, 11:54
And if he really is sick? Genuine question not being contraversial.

ChristopherRobin
29th Apr 2005, 13:12
Yes. No hesitation. And any do-gooders bleating about his human rights who happen to get in the way.

chippy63
30th Apr 2005, 18:14
Odd that they should have sent him to Iraqin the first place: the US press contains comments that the guy was a weirdo .

hobie
30th Apr 2005, 19:47
it would all be a lot easier if someone had blown him away at the time of the "Incident" .....

Maple 01
30th Apr 2005, 20:52
chippy63.
If they didn't let the weirdos on OOA we'd have no-one to man the dets
;)

lineslime
1st May 2005, 11:05
If it was up to me I would steak im out in the desert, next to an ants nest, dunk his dangly bits (assuming he has any) in jam and leave the rest to mother nature.

teeteringhead
1st May 2005, 11:27
Ah but Lineslime , what about Elfan Safety.

Before making the lethal injection, the injection site is swabbed with an antiseptic swab to prevent infection????? True I'm afraid...

lineslime
1st May 2005, 12:15
Now that is taking things a bit far, heaven forbid the corpse gets a rash. Any how, I consider my chosen method to be environment friendly, no nasty chemicals being released just giving the local wildlfe a much deserved snack, should keep the loony tree hugging greenies happy.

Pontius Navigator
1st May 2005, 20:35
I'm surprised that he survived to be court martialled!

We had an airman theiving from his mates, 54 cases sir. He was a smart, clever airman who did an excellent job at Waddington whilst awaiting his CM. He was at Waddington as his mates at Cottesmore would have lynched him.

If a joe had aborted a mission for now good reason where most of my mates had gone through hell and a few survived, I think the WWI . . . .

Ok, we are now a carrying, sharing, air force, so do the sqn cdr too for not realising he was a sensitive soul.

Pilgrim101
2nd May 2005, 06:11
The only reason he was out in theatre in the first place was ludicrous political correctness.

Any officer alerted to his lack of moral fibre and weird behaviour would have been tied in pc admin knots trying to ditch him before the conflict. Imagine the compensation he would have received if he had been binned prior to the conflict because of his "beliefs"

Instead of having to listen to the bilge about his mental state and the blameshifters trying to divert attention from his real treachery, the focus should have been on his victims and their families. He chose his path and should pay the penalty for it but I doubt he will. :mad: :mad:

Jordan D
2nd May 2005, 09:27
Can I say that a certain Rifle Club I am a member of, is available for hire to the US DoD to carry out a firing squad execution if requested.

Jordan

Omark44
2nd May 2005, 11:51
If a firing squad was ever needed the USA armed forces have enough qualifying candidates from their own school of sniping without calling on ourselves who can only manage a 48/6 on a windy day!;)

Jordan D
2nd May 2005, 14:24
Mike Jenvey - fair point, although I'm sure our club could do with the money that hiring could make!

Jordan

Navaleye
3rd May 2005, 02:49
I would do it for nothing. In fact I would pay. Crack shot in my day...

Pontius Navigator
3rd May 2005, 06:18
How about Strafe?

The suspense would be killing.

You Can Call Me Al
4th May 2005, 08:11
Or you could bury him up to his waste and throw rocks at him...

Mmmm

Navaleye
4th May 2005, 10:48
Has he said "Jehova"? :mad: :p