PDA

View Full Version : Astraeus B737

Sliding member
27th Apr 2005, 14:23
Anybody have any details on an Astraeus '737 I saw flying gear down near Taunton hdg West-East, reletivley low level (FL50 ish). Just seemed an odd place to see it and cant imagine where it came from.
Thanks

Fried_Chicken
27th Apr 2005, 16:27
Possibly the AEU B737 that is currently flying for FlyBE out of Exeter?

Fried Chicken

Sliding member
27th Apr 2005, 17:21
There are no AEU 73's out of EXT, they operate out of BHX at the moment & I believe are in Flybe livery. A/C was heading in complete wrong direction to be out of EXT and was 10-15 miles north of the field. I gues it was some form of gear down ferry but from where?

Fried_Chicken
27th Apr 2005, 20:28
The two aircraft currently operating out og Birmingham are:

GSTRE in full FlyBE colours (B737-300)
GSTRH in full Astraeus colours (B737-700)

Astraeus are currently operating a Hola airlines B733 out of Exeter on behalf of FlyBE

Possibly an airtest out of Lasham/Bournemouth to Cardiff or Bristol?

FC

Hamrah
27th Apr 2005, 20:50
Sliding Member, it was most likely G-STRJ, our newest 737 ( ex Qantas Jetlink NZ) on a C. of A. airtest yesterday, It is currently in Lasham being reconfigured to 148 seats and will move to our Leeds base in the middle of the month.

Currently we are operating G-STRE in FlyBe colours in BHX and are awaiting delivery of G-STRI ( ex Aegean, currently on maintenance in Dublin) which is already in FlyBe colours and will enter service around the 10th of May.

G-STRA and G-STRB return from damp lease to Air Asia this weekend and will enter service in Exeter ( G-STRB) on the 19th of May and in Gatwick ( G-STRA) on around the 10th of May.

The two 737-700's G-STRF and G-STRH will be Manchester based for the Summer, although one or the other of them is running in BHX at the moment for FlyBe while awaiting delivery of G-STRI.

Gatwick will also have the three 757's G-OAVB, G-OOOB and G-OPJB.

Fried Chicken - the HOLA aircraft has nothing to do with Astraeus.

Hope this helps

H

Blackball
28th Apr 2005, 13:23
I can confirm it was G-STRJ, we were doing the second part of an acceptance test flight pror to going into Lasham for reconfiguration. We overflew Taunton coutesy of London Mil whilst checking the low speed handling.

igb56
28th Apr 2005, 19:09
Have AEU finished with Iceland Express? Note AEU still on Teletext arrivals at Stanstead.

Hamrah
28th Apr 2005, 19:37
Our contract officially ends on Saturday, although the new operator ( JetX)is flying at the moment. The flights remain on Astraeus Flight Numbers until Saturday. Not sure what happens after that.

We felt we could do FlyBe or IEX, but not both.

Jetavia
28th Apr 2005, 20:16
I guess Sterling will take over the Iceland Express routes at some time since their owner recently bought Sterling.

Hamrah, is Astreaus maybe going to be flying the new 767 Sterling routes to Florida? I know they are looking into wetleasing maybe from Air Atlanta..

Hamrah
28th Apr 2005, 20:28
Nope, Astraeus has no plans for 767's.

H

GrahamK
28th Apr 2005, 23:32
Any plans for flights out of NCL?

Curious Pax
29th Apr 2005, 12:56
idle thought for a Friday afternoon - where does G-OPJB derive its 'name' from? Put another way, who is PJB and why would we want to go there?

Puritan
29th Apr 2005, 13:41
I know a senior airline bloke who, not so long ago, said they'd never get B757's - and now I is flying one...... uhm, when shall I start brushing up 767 differences then ? ;)

BOAC
29th Apr 2005, 14:00
That'll be a public whipping for you, Puritan, when the boss sees that.............will be all be invited?:D :D

Hamrah
29th Apr 2005, 16:41
Nothing Planned for NCL
PJB was the whim of our Commercial Director, no idea what its about. It just had to end it "B" .
I can categorically assure Puritan that he will not fly a 767 with Astraeus.

There, think that covers everything.

H

Puritan
29th Apr 2005, 18:21
:{ :{ :{

but hey ho..... you never know, .... it'll probably be Airbuses, eh ?! ;)

Sliding member
30th Apr 2005, 10:07
Many thanks for the info Hamrah & Blackball, that certainly explains what was happening.

Gauntlet
30th Apr 2005, 12:43
According to this site http://jethros.i12.com/FLEETS/Listings/ASTRAEUS.htm this is the current Astraeus fleet. I guess there are some discrepancies as I thought all 757's were in full Astraeus colours. Also that Astraeus only operated the JIB service for Dallo Airlines once a week, not wet leased G-OOOB to Daallo but I may be wrong. It also says Astraeus has an A320 as well.

Hamrah
30th Apr 2005, 14:42
The A320 was wet leased for a short period to cover Iceland Express flying.

All 757's are in full Astraeus Colours.

We operate a weekly flight for DAALO airlines. It is operated on whatever 757 is available.

H

Gauntlet
1st May 2005, 00:51
Thanks Hamrah, looks like the Jethros site needs updating.

G

igb56
1st May 2005, 15:03
Do the same folks take her all the way there and all the way back in one session or do they spend day/night in a b&b in Dijbouti (spelling?)?

CheekyChick
24th May 2005, 23:50
Take off Wednesday Evening and go to Paris for a quick pick-up of extra passengers (unless unloading smokers on a almost frequent basis) and land in Djibouti thursday morning. Have about 14 hours to sleep/eat/swim whatever floats your boat and then leave thursday evening to get back friday morning (via CDG again)
Not a bad one if crew is good and not too full