PDA

View Full Version : Flight Academies in U.S......advise

hamd
27th Apr 2005, 06:48
hi all !!

I am searching for a reputed Flight academy in U.S or may be in Canada, which must be affiliated to a well known University.

any such academies anyone know....??

rgds
Hamd

porridge
29th Apr 2005, 08:59
University of North Dakota - I have worked with some of their grads and they are tip-top. The URL is: http://ftc.aero.und.edu/

hamd
30th Apr 2005, 13:35
Thanx porridge !!

ya I have sent e-mails to UND and expecting their reply now.

actually i'm not interested in any Degree/Diploma course (as I have one), the foundation thats funding me for flight training needs that the flight school should be attached/affiliated to a University and then onlly can they sanction me a loan.

any more such academies you have in mind ?

Irvan
1st May 2005, 04:15
Currently I study in Mt. San Antonio College, Walnut, CA. This college provides an associate degree in commerical flight, and it has connection with three universities: Cal State L.A., Embry-Riddle (Prescott campus) and Southern Illinois University (This one is off-campus, like distance learning; students still have majors in Mt. SAC, but they go to other universities for general education.) If you feel interest, here is the link for information:
http://aeronautics.mtsac.edu/

hamd
1st May 2005, 18:26
UND Aerospace web page is really informative. they have so many courses and at so many different places !!

although I've sent e-mails to every department but din got any reply till now about the Commercial Pilot training that I want to have. hope they soon reply !

rgds
hamd

hamd
2nd May 2005, 15:26
Mt.San Antonio college doesnt offer multi engine training, which is a must for Airline oriented people.
The other thing is that for completing approx. 250 hrs. of flight time there, it would take atleast 2 years !!!

any other Academies, may be in Canada too.

hamd
7th May 2005, 03:14
porridge,

I've written many e-mails to University of North Dakota, but I don know why they're not replying. there are many different colleges at different places and I've each one a separate mail....very unprofessional !!

any advise how to contact them now.

regards