PDA

View Full Version : I-pod/I-tunes

willby
26th Apr 2005, 20:21
Hi,
Can tracks from cd's be transferred to an I-Pod via I-tunes. If no, is there any other programme that can do it?
Regards
Willby

ORAC
26th Apr 2005, 20:34
It's what it's designed for. What's the problem? :confused:

Jerricho
26th Apr 2005, 21:09
Certain can Willby.

A word of caution though. Apple have very cleaverly added a little feature to their iPod/iTunes setup that if you have selected auto update, if there are files on your iPod that aren't in the Library of iTunes, they will be removed from the iPod.

ORAC
27th Apr 2005, 09:48
IPod Lounge - software (http://www.ipodlounge.com/index.php/ipod-software/)

willby
27th Apr 2005, 16:38
Hi Orac/Jerricho,
Have'nt actually got the Ipod yet, hence the confusion. My daughter is getting one at the W/E and had asked me the question.
Jerricho, I had read something about that and that is what I had in mind when asking about an alternative programme that could overcome this problem.
Orac, thanks for the link . Will check it out.
Regards
Willby
P.S. On re-reading your post Jerricho, can this problem be overcome by simply not selecting auto-update?

5milesbaby
27th Apr 2005, 22:25
Real Player 10 works fine for file transferring too, don't know if it copes with files not in the hard drive though as I haven't been there yet.

v1rotate
28th Apr 2005, 10:03
Apple have very cleaverly added a little feature to their iPod/iTunes setup that if you have selected auto update
Willby,
To avoid this, go to EDIT , PREFERENCES , then on the iPod tab, select MANUALLY MANAGE SONGS AND PLAYLISTS

What this does is lets YOU control what goes in and out of the iPod. By default, iTunes will synchronise the songs in the iTunes library (your hard drive) with the iPod. The problem with this is that if you want to delete the songs from the hard drive and save space, the next time iTunes connects with the iPod, it will delete the songs that you deleted earlier from theiPod. Setting it manually will let you drag and drop what song/s you want giving you total control. :ok:

willby
28th Apr 2005, 12:54
Hi V1Rotate,
Many thanks for that advice. Will be loading up this Ipod in the next few days so now I know how to avoid some pitfalls.
Thanks again and also to others who posted.
Regards
Willby