PDA

View Full Version : FAA typeratings where ?????

Jannik23
24th Apr 2005, 16:21
Hello

Im looking for websites where I can read more about doing an FAA 737 typerating in the states or Canada.
Looking into doing an FAA TR and 500 hrs of line training with Eaglejet and then get the TR in my danish JAA license as the danish CAA converts FAA licenses with 500+ hrs to a JAA one.

so in theory a 737 TR and 500 hrs should be around 40.000 $ app.

but I cant find any websites with FAA/ ICAO TRTO´s and prices etc. ?? would prefer USA or Canada

Anyone has any links out there ??

thanks

IRISHPILOT
25th Apr 2005, 11:29
Not a bad idea, Jannik, and many have done it before you. Basically you are paying the same money, get an FAA and JAR raing at the same time and 500 hours on type.

Do you have an FAA or TCA CPL/IR?

Many JAR authorities will let you put an ICAO rating onto your JAR licence (of course limiting you fly a certain register).

Remember to budget for a JAR LPC once you have the 500 hours, which may not be cheap. However, many JAR OPS airlines will accept the FAA rating together with your JAR licence and 500 on type, as their conversion course will cover the LPC anyway.

Speak to Eaglejet directly, they help with ratings. They sent many people to a company I used to work for (non-JAR country), needless to say, that they all have paid jobs now.

many 737 TRTOs around, they should be well below USD10000.

try google for these and more:

here, (http://www.verdeaviation.com/ratings/TypeRating.htm)

here (http://www.premair.com/)

and here. (http://www.b737-training.com/page3.html)

hope this helps, IP

Jannik23
25th Apr 2005, 12:28
Hello Irishpilot

thanks for your reply. I assume I have do get a 737 rating on minimum a 737/300/400/500 right and do (if nessesary) difference training to 737 NG.

I did find those websites u refer to, but find them very unprofessional (the website I mean), But guess they are OK.

Cant belive it is so hard to find 737 TRTO in the states, thougt they would be all over, I have only found those 3 U have found too :confused: :confused:
I hold a JAA CPL/IR and MCC ,but eaglejet says (on their pricelist) that they require JAA/FAA or ICAO CPL IR for line training so assume thats OK. But do I need FAA Licences to start the TR course ??? or any other conversion ??

Jannik

IRISHPILOT
25th Apr 2005, 15:12
well, the FAA 737 rating, done on a -200 sim will cover you for the -300 also, maybe for the -400 and -500 too. This is FAA (ICAO), JAR does it differently.

If you are quite sure you want to do it with Eagle, ask them where it is and what licence you require.

If you need an extra licence, can the TR LST be counted as the LST for the local CPL IR?

Remember that living costs can add a considerable amount, as can the waiting for a work permit, if applicable.

Wether you need a local licence or not depends entirely upon where you fly, so check that first of all.

Wether you need a different licence before you commence the course, depends on wether the DK authorities will put the rating on your licence or not.