PDA

View Full Version : No. 1 IOTC

chrisburden21
22nd Apr 2005, 14:56
Is there anyone currently on, or associated with anyone from, the OCTR Board who can shed any light on the content/program of No.1 IOTC comencing 20th November 2005.

Cheers.

CB

This is the extent of the information I have found on my searches.
http://pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=166034

Itsrainingagain
29th Apr 2005, 21:58
It's just the first move in them trying to amalgamate IOT, Dartmouth and Sandhurst!!!

Fordhom
30th Apr 2005, 18:45
As a current IOT cadet, I can only really add a few rumours to the information contained in the linked thread:

1. Due to the design team trying to cram too much stuff into the programme, the first of the two leave "periods of reflection" is likely to be scrapped. Joy.

2. The new versions of the current Field Leadership Camp and Ex PEACEKEEPER will be run concurrently, with the senior course operating the command post and directing the junior course as their subordinates in the field. Sounds like a pretty cracking idea if they get it right.

Hope I haven't given away any national secrets and got myself into trouble there...... back to the ironing board.....

airborne_artist
30th Apr 2005, 19:36
The OCTR determined that tomorrow’s officer will need to be military minded and of a courageous and determined fighting spirit, mentally agile and physically robust, politically and globally astute, technologically competent, capable of understanding and managing inter-personal relations, flexible, adaptable and responsive, willing to take risks and able to handle ambiguity.

No mention of being able to iron, bull boots and march in time, which is all I remember of BRNC.

buoy15
1st May 2005, 16:33
Chris

Para 2 first 4 lines - Wow!! Is that Yuckspeak or man-readable English

I did 18 weeks of purgatory

Welcome to 30 !!

By the way, the ammunition boxes full of cement are heavier, but they are worth more in cuedoes than pine poles, if you can get them to the finish point in time.

Or have they stopped them now because they are too heavy and hurt your fingers, and damage the stiching on your trainers?