PDA

View Full Version : Atpl Law

flying ginge
19th Apr 2005, 23:35
Someone was telling me there is a code system for learning the rules. Something like a 1 meant you must know and 2 have knowledge of the particular rule. Anybody know what I'm on about? Cheers ow

Ash767
20th Apr 2005, 15:39
Not sure what you mean about 1's and 2's.

You are just better off just knowing the subject. The pass mark is 80% (it was when I did it) so that means you must know it.

The questions can be tricky.

There was a small company that were selling tags for all your documents ( AIP, CAO's and CAR's etc). These tags were fantastic. They made it easy to find references during the exam. They are CASA approved.

Ash:ok:

centurian
21st Apr 2005, 07:14
Ask around about the ATPL law red pages. They are red to try and stop photocopying of them. There is a bit of a story about how they came about but I wont go into it here.

There are quite a few copies around and they will do the trick. Ask a few guys who have just done law and they should know what i am talking about.

If no luck, PM me and ill see what I can do.

Thump & Go
21st Apr 2005, 09:16
I think the 1's & 2's are to be found in AC-61 and pertain to the level of knowledge required pretty much as you've described Ginge.
Man! 80% pass mark would eliminate many of us over here in Unzid Ash - we need just 70% - and more than half over there!!!;)

Thump

ps:Tell us more about the red ink thing - I can't be bothered waiting for the video release!:ok:

Stiff Under Carriage
23rd Apr 2005, 00:11
Flying Ginge,

You do not need to KNOW the rules inside out, but you definately need to know where to find them.

I did my exam 5 years ago when I had my first full-time job, how I studied for it was when I had nothing to do at work I read the CAO's, AIP, CAR's, just bits and pieces every now and then, sounds boring but I went through the exam in about 20min.

Give you an example is, Refuelling CAO 20.6, the Met section - was AIP Gen 3.5, the IFR section was AIP ENR 1.5 etc. I use Jepps now though so little out of touch, Met might've been Gen 3.4, but that could've been Communications or vice versa, you get the idea though.

The answers, well back then, weren't hard but becareful of the odd word, its normally the only difference, hence if you know where to look it up it'll take you all of a min.

Good Luck.

Speeds high
23rd Apr 2005, 00:43
If you want a garunteed pass, go buy the Stoney Brook notes.

stoneybrooktraining
25th Apr 2005, 07:36
If you are looking for the stoneybrook notes thats me.

I'm out of the country at present until 15th May and just heard all copies I left behind are sold out.

Sorry but e mail me at

[email protected]

if you wish to know more.

flying ginge
25th Apr 2005, 21:31
thanks for the replys. I'm sorted for study notes and where to look for rules etc. So guess it now comes down to R.T.F.Q. as our friends at ASL love to test english comprehension also.

Go the Highlanders.

FG