PDA

View Full Version : Rascals at Nadzab

...still single
19th Apr 2005, 23:08
The NorthCoast boys met a couple of rascals at the entrance to Nadzab (Lae) airport on Monday morning. Gun toting rascal sprinted onto the road to stop the expat-laden luxury Corona (lovingly customised by General Manager Potts), then aforementioned rascal sprinted off the road when he realised the pilots were not alert enough to stop the car in time.
Very lucky. If the pilots had got hold of him, they would have stolen his gun to sell for beer money, leaving Mr Rascal with no means to support Buai habit...

Chimbu chuckles
20th Apr 2005, 00:03
Good to see not much has changed then...either in the average intelligence of gun toting rascals or the sense of fun of the average Lae based pilots...next time run the carnt over:ok: :E

troppo
20th Apr 2005, 04:20
Sheesh...I thought it was going to be a thread about the nocturnal exploits of the NCA pilots on the weekend.

Good to see they have finer wheels now, it used to be a clapped out, ****e box van that took a thrashin that was normally reserved for the post office girls :}

ps what fleet have they got these days? please don't tell me P2-DWA is still flying

Alistair
20th Apr 2005, 15:00
Hey, thats my car, amazed it is still going. The shockies were farked before i sold it to Pottsy, hate to think what the ride would be like nearly 6 years later. It wouldn't be the first time it nearly ran a rascall totin a gun over either:ok: Leon still holds the record though, the guy he ran over at the gate to the NCA compound has probably still got a sore head. I wonder how many of the boys who went to post a letter at the PO in it ended up on the back seat with a 2 kina mari. :oh: I hope none of the boys have developed a rash after sitting in the back for all those hours back and forward to Nadzab :bored:

ps DWA will never die, the most hated bongo in the fleet, yet more lives than a cat. Probably been converted to kero just to keep the bloody thing in the air

...still single
21st Apr 2005, 10:03
The shockies are farked? Pottsy told us he had it lowered! If we had've hit that rascal, we would have broke his ankles.
DWA still flying? But of course!! It's the pride of the fleet! And it disproves the flat Earth theory (if the Earth wasn't curved, it would never climb)
Think I'll sit in the front of the Corona from now on. I thought it was mossie bites...

Pinky the pilot
21st Apr 2005, 11:41
Hmmm, never had the 'pleasure' of having to drive out to Nadzab; only ever flew into the place!! But as for NCA vehicles, in the week and a bit that GT had me in Madang (it was supposed to be a month but I blotted my copybook by doing a rather dumb thing) I had the use of GT's personal transport, which if I remember was a Toyota Crown of 70s vintage. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Anyway, I considered it a bit of luxury compared to the TA23 Celica I had back in Port Morbid!
Will always remember fondly my time in PNG and will always regret deeply the way I left!:{

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Animalclub
22nd Apr 2005, 09:08
Pinky Tell us more!!

Bandalero
23rd Apr 2005, 17:35
Its a desperate rascol to "Hands Up" the North Coast boi's...
The only thing they would get out of them first thing in the morning is a rash, an empty brown bottle, and a roaring hang over:}

Taildragger
23rd Apr 2005, 22:21
Come on Pinky...tell us more. Obviously had to decamp to the Cairns clap clinic after sitting in the back of the Limo.

Pinky the pilot
24th Apr 2005, 08:06
Animalclub &Taildragger; Sorry gents but some things are simply best left out of these pages!

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Animalclub
24th Apr 2005, 14:16
Pinky Are you going to the Talair Reunion? I'll talk to you there.

Taildragger
25th Apr 2005, 20:32
Animalclub Find out, then pass the gen on to me.
10/1 it's to do with the Crabs in the rear gunner's position.

troppo
26th Apr 2005, 02:51
Humble apologies Pinky,
Thanks for removing it W, been away for a few days and you beat me to it.