PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced Learning credits

Lara crofts pants
19th Apr 2005, 07:05
Having decided to jump ship (like most of Lyneham) I'm in the process of completing my ATPL. I am a member of the Enhanced learning credits scheme and am trying to get my IRT paid for. I've seen the GAI that says that we are entitled to the dosh but I'm unable to find a learning provider on the ELCAS website. The CAA or JAA do not appear as options. Can anyone help? I've tried our education centre but got "the computer says no" as a reply. Similar results were found on calling the ELCAS office at Innsworth (I suppose I should have expected that).

I can't believe that I'm the first person to do this.

I need a service provider and a course code to complete the application form properly

many thanks

BEagle
19th Apr 2005, 07:16
Try http://www.enhancedlearningcredits.com/mssql/search.php?act=21&pid=1506&key=&linkback=1&pg=1

Really hard to find, that was! Took me all of 2 minutes. Lord knows why your Education Centre (or whatever stupid new name it has) couldn't have done that for you!

Aeros has an excellent reputation; I presume its a multi-engine piston class rating and multi-engine IR which you're after?

I presume you don't have the 2000TT/1500PIC hours which entitle you to LASORS D3.3 experienced QSP(A) accreditation?

woof
19th Apr 2005, 07:54
Further to the above, if you identify a training provider that isn't on the list, but you feel would give you the training you want, you can point them in the direction of the ELC web page and get them to register.

My experience of this is that they are more than happy to do this as it opens the doors to other mil customers.

Good luck

Woof

Lara crofts pants
19th Apr 2005, 09:42
Cheers folks.

I do have the hours required and therefore only need the test - not all the training etc. which is why I've hit the stumbling block.

I guess that the best bet is to ring the CAA and see what they say

BEagle
19th Apr 2005, 13:55
They will tell you to read LASORS Section G2!

What exactly is it you need? Are on a ground tour or something? Otherwise you just need to take the CAA IRE flying on a MCT trip following the required CAA IR profile.

Lara crofts pants
19th Apr 2005, 16:16
Didn't explain myself properly as usual.

I am about to take the multi engine IR test on an MCT sortie. That isn't the problem. The problem is getting the ELCAS system to pay for the IRE (£650 ish).

I realise that I could use my resettlement stuff if push comes to shove but I'm not due for the "resettlement brief" for another month and am just trying to get the ATPL IR test sorted in the meantime.

BEagle
19th Apr 2005, 18:00
Hardly 'training' under enhanced learning, I venture to suggest. An ATPL for < £1000 (IR, Class 1 and ATPL issue fee) is a small investment in your future compared to the £50K paid by civvies.

Suggest you earmark part of your lump sum gratuity - as I did!

A and C
19th Apr 2005, 19:39
Put your hand in your pocket and pay for the test and the licence issue...............you will need the "education" money for a type rating !

Lara crofts pants
20th Apr 2005, 11:42
Quite right, it is a small amount to spend in order to guarantee your future. However, the airforce does have a knack of not forking out when it should.
Basically, if I am allowed this allowance then I would like to know how to get it.
Taht said,I take your point