PDA

View Full Version : Ppl / Cpl Navs

VH-TEACH
19th Apr 2005, 05:49
To instructors,

I was wondering if other instructors have encouraged their students to do their naviagation around the country side and in different states within a two week period?

How successful was their training?

I feel that a trip out from Sydney, Moorabin, Parafield, Alice, Mount Isa, back to sydney would covver alot of different types of procedural issues and the appreciation of different conditions.

If anyone has done this type of training, could you pm with the results and routes taken.

Muchly appreciated.:E

Lasiorhinus
21st Apr 2005, 10:07
Not a rare occurence, though far from the norm.

I reckon its a great idea - you get all your flying done at once, so no need to have to refresh yourself, and you get to see a heap of Australia, which is fantastic!

More planning needs to go into it, especially wrt fuel at remote aerodromes, but isnt that the point of training?

vave
22nd Apr 2005, 01:07
I actually did a trip from Maitland through to Alice, Longreach, Bundaberg, Archerfield and home pre CPL.

I thought it was great. Sort of threw us in the deepend with regards to different procedures, planning etc.

Now as an instructor i will be definately encouraging my students to do similar navs. Perhaps they are more suited to CPL training rather than PPL purely due to experience etc