PDA

View Full Version : SEIR/MEIR TOWARDS fATPL

quackers
18th Apr 2005, 19:34
Just wondering if any fellow ppruners can offer their opinions, as I cannot find a definite answer in LASORS. A good friend is quickly approaching the end of the 36 month validity of her ATPL exam passes. She has virtually run out of money and has yet to obtain her IR. She obviously does not wish to take them all over again (who would!). Could she, perhaps, do a single engine IR and then convert at a later date (ie: 5 hours training plus another IR Test) once safely past the three years. Any opinions would be appreciated.

BillieBob
18th Apr 2005, 20:52
JAR-FCL 1.495 requires only that an IR(A) is issued within 36 months of gaining a pass in all of the ATPL(A) papers, it does not distinguish between SE or MEIR which, for the purpose of maintaining the validity of the ATPL exams, are both equally good.

It is always better to go to the source document (JAR-FCL) rather than to rely entirely on LASORS, which is riddled with errors.

quackers
18th Apr 2005, 21:14
Thanks for that BillieBob. I presume she can find the relevant JAR-FCL 1.495 on the CAA website?

esvdx
19th Apr 2005, 01:31
It's available in pdf from the JAA's website (www.jaa.nl).

Direct link:

http://www.jaa.nl/jars_npas/jars/451854.pdf

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

esvdx

quackers
19th Apr 2005, 18:10
Thank you very much 'esvdx' for your advice - looks like my friend will probably be doing her SEIR.