PDA

View Full Version : CX and Girlfriends, Wives, etc.

ROCKSTEADY
18th Apr 2005, 13:04
Hi all,

Would like to know what the go is with bringing girlfriends to HK. Been reading that its hard for them to obtain working visas.

So what do your wives or GF's do all day if they dont work? Do they go bored outta their brains, get crazy, then eventually leave you there, or, do you have some arrangement where you can take them on trips with you every so often when you work.(I am aware that everyones reaction is different to living in Hong Kong.)

Is it possible to commute home every month? Been reading about the rostering for S/O -around 15--20 days off a month, but surely that includes overnights as well?

Just curious as to how you can survive in this industry and still have a partner?????????????

What arrangement(s) do you have with your partner?
:confused:

Osterhase
26th Apr 2005, 16:02
someone please tell us! how do your girlfriends or wifes like Hong Kong? What do they do while you are away for 6 days.

flap relief
27th Apr 2005, 05:58
The best advice I can give you is to ensure your girlfriends and your wife never meet. This is very important and sometimes difficult to ensure but it will make your time in the Harbour much less stressful and less expensive.

tamalai
28th Apr 2005, 01:41
probably best to buy a new girlfriend every night you want one !!! that way you don't get bored with the same old girlfriend or have to listen to her whinge and bitch, or want you to do stupid stuff like shopping etc etc............Of course important stuff like going out with your mates and having a good time takes precedence and generally 2 or 3 three girlfriends a week is sufficient so it actually quite cost effective providing you don't do anything stupid like fall in love with/marry one!!!

Medwin
28th Apr 2005, 13:59
Unless your GF or wife is a nurse like mine she can find a hospital there who's willing to give her sponsorship to work. RN's are in demand all over the world.

ROCKSTEADY
29th Apr 2005, 06:48
Well I guess judging by the responses that not many of you are married or commited to another expat soul over in the harbour.

xxxmeeluvulungtaim;)

GlueBall
29th Apr 2005, 09:31
There is no need to bring a girlfriend to HKG as you will easily find a new girlfriend; a native who already is well adapted to the culture and one who has lower maintenance requirements.
:)

Oasis
29th Apr 2005, 09:43
Glueball, I would NOT say that the local girls are low maintenance.

BlueEagle
29th Apr 2005, 11:23
Care to share your experience then, Oasis? ;)

Oasis
29th Apr 2005, 17:03
I see I've said too much already...!

move along...nothing to see here!

QNH1013
30th Apr 2005, 19:05
Medwin,
Nurse uniform.....cabin crew uniform! You get it all don't you :ok:

tamalai
3rd May 2005, 12:31
Wife for Sale !!

Hardly used (of late anyway- by me that is )
No need to pay me anything, just take over the payments!!!

Apply to mailbox XXX

Medwin
4th May 2005, 02:55
bwa ha ha ha, what's the mileage?

guybrush
5th May 2005, 20:11
tamali, that is very mean....you're not married, are you?

Anyway, what about...boyfriends?:E

bumboclot
6th May 2005, 23:19
jokes aside.... does anyone have any real answers to the original post?
i realize now that they can't work on the dependants visa anymore, but what are the possibilities of finding a sponsor of their own?

shortly
7th May 2005, 16:29
Depends on her/his area of expertise. Nurses, teachers etc are in short supply and can usually find a sponsor quickly enough. Bright enough and no real problems. Ignore Tamalai he just can't help himself.

energie
10th Dec 2005, 07:20
I'm sure we have some mature responses out there ;)

How do pilots keep their significant others happy with the hectic schedule?

kenfoggo
11th Dec 2005, 08:04
Since she got out here my present wife's idea of housekeeping is to sweep the room with a glance.

arryboy
12th Dec 2005, 00:57
I haven't spoken to my wife in over a year.........................

I don't like to interupt her.............................

chicken_or_fish
15th Dec 2005, 13:08
sigh!

boys, boys, boys............................

kenfoggo
23rd Dec 2005, 01:33
Actually my wife did get a job on arrival in Hong Kong. She became a test pilot ......for broomsticks.

energie
23rd Dec 2005, 01:36
I guess dedicated husbands and CX pilots don't go together? :p

I can't blame you guys, living it up :ok:

Let's hear some REAL replies!!

kenfoggo
9th Jan 2006, 07:33
Energie, how DARE you imply that I am not dedicated to my present wife? Why , only last week she had her credit card stolen. I did not castigate her, neither did I report the matter to the police, the thief is spending less than she did.

energie
9th Jan 2006, 07:51
haha

i would imagine this would be a topic that would stir up a storm. Come on guys, be a man, and let out your sensitive sides lol

Dan Winterland
9th Jan 2006, 15:16
To find out what they really get up to, check out www.dbfleamarket.com then DB Pub and see the relevant thread!