PDA

View Full Version : Rejected T.O VS Discontinued T.O

chofuan
17th Apr 2005, 18:30
A crew was on the runway setting the power for take off and they noticed an inconsistency with the EGT, before reaching take off power with a speed of aprox 40 Kts, the Take off was discontinued but in the Maintenance log the incident was reported as a Rejected Take Off by the crew.

I need help figuring out what is the correct terms since the impact of using the wrong word can make a huge difference for ops and maintenance.

ALL information would be helpful.

Thank you

BOAC
17th Apr 2005, 18:49
IMO 'Rejected take-off' is probably correct, but I would probably have written 'take-off rejected at 40kts due to...'

Would that have been better for you from the maintenance angle?

Intruder
17th Apr 2005, 21:13
As far as I am concerned, a "rejected" T/O is any one after the takeoff roll starts. If something goes wrong during a static runup, the more correct term may be "discontinued."

NigelOnDraft
18th Apr 2005, 08:20
I don't know if defined, but different areas might need (or not) to avoid the use of RTO. e.g. at LHR, P2 handling, the TLs advanced to stabilise the engines prior to setting TO power, and aircraft rolling, when aircraft just airborne stated they may have had a birdstrike. Close TLs, stop aircraft, rolled all of 50x, performance not a factor, so after runway inspection, went from there

Not a "RTO" IMHO, since that would equate to lots of paperwork :)